by Shaun Kehrberg, Product Marketing Manager, Digital Advertising
Just 12+ more VIN views could mean 44% LESS time on your lot
The verdict is in: if they view the highlights, you’ll view the taillights. In other words, the more car shoppers engage with your Vehicle Details Pages (VDPs), the quicker your cars will move off your lot— and that’s a fact.
Based on an eight month study of 9 million VDP’s, 125 million website visits, and 250 million online actions, our automotive consumer research conclusively shows that:
VDP views and time spent on VDP’s are 2 of the top 4 online sales predictors
VDP’s with 20-30 pageviews spend 29% less time on the lot
VDP’s with more than 30 pageviews spend 44% less time on the lot
So how do you best position your automotive digital marketing strategy to be a VIN factory? We’ll address just that in an all-new Cobalt series: The Down & Dirty on Dynamic Inventory Merchandising. In this series, we’ll tell you how to harness the power of multichannel marketing to turn your dealer website into a VDP hot spot.
Stay tuned for Part 1, when we look at the impact of Dynamic Inventory Merchandising in your dealership’s retargeting ads.
Source: Cobalt Business Intelligence VDP Study, 2012
- Do New Car Photos Really Make a Difference from Stock Photos? – Automotive Marketing Professionals (automotivedigital.me)
- Automotive Digital Marketing – Spread the Word about this Professional Community (admprofessionalcommunity.com)
- ADM Community Ranked 10 of 100 Top Auto Blogs by Independent Source (automotivedigital.me)
- Infographic: Top 100 Automotive Blogs Ranked by Quality of Posts (admprofessionalcommunity.com)
- Independently Ranked List of Top 100 Automotive Blogs and Social Networks (automotivesocialcrm.com)
- Car Dealers Must Respond To Millennials On Social Media – Automotive Digital Marketing Professional Community (automotivesocial.me)
- Automakers Gear Up with 140 Proof Social Ads (prweb.com)
- 2013 Adobe Summit Recap (themorningsocial.com)