Archive for category AutoConnections
AutoCon 2012 Provides Diversity and Women’s Issues Workshops – Automotive Digital Marketing Professional Community
Posted by Ralph Paglia in AutoCon, AutoConnections, Automotive Digital Marketing, Automotive Management, Automotive Retail Management, Automotive Sales, Automotive Social Media, Car Dealers, Conference, Dealer Training, Google, Social Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Women Certified on June 29, 2012
AutoCon 2012 Provides Diversity and Women’s Issues Workshops
The AutoCon 2012 Planning Committee is pleased to announce our partnership with Jody DeVere, CEO of AskPatty.com to create a powerful set of workshops that address diversity marketing and Women’s issues in the automotive industry.
Rarely do mainstream conferences invest the time and workshop space to cover what we consider as important topics for today’s auto dealership.
The workshops will include subject matter experts, women in leadership in the automotive industry, dealer principals, and diversity specialists. Attendees that attend at least three of the Diversity Tract workshops will receive a Diversity Training certificate on the closing day of AutoCon 2012.
Diversity Workshop Offered at AutoCon 2012
Here are the current workshops offered in this tract:
- Diversity Marketing to Latinos
- Recruiting, Hiring, & Retaining Women in Automotive Industry
- Case Studies of Dealerships Getting It Right With Women
- Diversity Marketing to LGBT Community
- A Candid Discussion With Women Leading Successful Dealerships
We encourage members of the automotive community that would like to see more discussion on Women’s issues, leadership opportunities for Women, and marketing strategies for our diverse customer base, to please share the information about AutoCon to their peers.
For more information and online event registration, please click the image below:
AutoCon, AutoConnections, Automotive, Automotive Marketing, Automotive Sales, Automotive SEO, Automotive Social, Car Dealer, Car Dealership Marketing, Conference, Dealership Management, Sales Management, Social Media, Training
Another prediction that I wrote about has come true. Change is in the air again at Google. Paid Search just took a big step forward or backwards, depending on how you think. It’s called “Google Commercial Unit For Cars“.
In November 2011, I wrote about a product called “Google Advisor” which will change the landscape of paid search marketing for new car sales. It has taken a very long time for this product to get off the ground. This type of product has been around in the mortgage lead generation business for years.
Well the Google Advisor product for automotive leads is here and it has a more common name: Google Cars.
I finally was able to see the product live today and so can you. Just change your browser location to Zip Code 94301 and conduct a search on Google with this phrase:
Palo Alto Toyota
What you will see might shock you, as Google has clearly entered into the new car lead generation business. I created a few screen shots to explain how the model works, and I am sure this will be evolving. I would love to get your opinion on this strategy and if you would be interested in testing this new service.
San Francisco Bay Beta Test of Google Cars
Currently, this product is only available in the San Francisco Bay area. We will find out when this will open up to other markets. This is only for new cars and it requires a dealer to provide and inventory feed of their new cars.
According to my sources, this product is focused on lower sales funnel queries meaning the buyer has already decided on a brand and a model to purchase. So it will not be showing up for all automotive search queries, just a subset that Google believes have already made a brand/model selection.
Google Cars Inventory Model Results Page
When you Click on the first photo of the Toyota Camry in the red box above, you will be shown this page
Google Cars Pricing Info
If you click on the “Google Price Info” link, you might get a chill down your spine, like TrueCar did for car dealers.
The Google Price popup box is shown on the right. If you click on the “Learn More” link, you can read about how these prices are determined.
The “regional price paid” data according to Google comes from data shared by dealers to the DMV in their state. Here is what Google says:
Regional price paid tells you how much the vehicle you want tends to sell for in your area. It is calculated from real new car sales in your area over the past 90 days, as reported by dealers to the DMV.
Regional price paid is specific to the make, model, trim, packages, and options shown. It includes destination charge; it excludes taxes and fees. It may include incentives and other promotions running at that time that may have impacted the average price paid.”
Google Cars VDP
When you you click on a specific vehicle, you will be taken to a VDP page that looks like this:
Google Cars Email Contact Options
And when you click to contact the dealer, you have three options. Clicking on the “Email Dealer” choice reveals this screen.
Notice that the consumer can easily select other local dealers to quote on the same vehicle.
Communication Via Proxies
I was able to confirm that this is a pay per lead model and user contact information is not shared, all communications will go through proxies. Take a peek at the image above to see the statement “Google protects you from spam“.
This is an attempt to limit spam to consumers from dealers. Read the information on this link: http://support.google.com/websearch/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=…
This adds a degree of complexity since normal CRM workflows and contact strategies will be impacted by lack of direct phone number via proxies. This means that leads generated by the program will really need to be worked to get direct contact information before the proxy period expires.
I will be working to get the information you need to prepare for this new opportunity in new car vehicle marketing. If you have any specific questions, let me know. You can send me an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the meantime, I’ll be busy researching this and getting the facts. Keep in mind that at AutoCon 2012 will have 3 deep dive workshops on all the latest paid search strategies that car dealers can leverage.
Brian Pasch, CEO
PCG Digital Marketing
AutoCon, AutoConnections, Automotive, Automotive Marketing, Automotive Sales, Car Dealer, Car Dealer Internet Leads, Car Dealers, Car Dealership Marketing, Commercial Unit for Cars, Google, Leads, Marketing, Sales Leads, Sales Management
Posted by Ralph Paglia in Advertising, AutoCon, AutoConnections, Automotive Digital Marketing, Automotive Management, Automotive Retail Management, Automotive Social Media, Automotive Suppliers, Car Dealers, Conference, CRM, News and politics, SEO, Social Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Women Certified on June 19, 2012
Why Marketing Directors Should Choose AutoCon 2012 Over Other Fall Conferences
We understand that Marketing Directors have many choices where to invest their time out of the dealership. We have made AutoCon the ideal choice for Marketing Directors for these reasons:
- AutoCon is a new with fresh ideas and an innovative approach to the conferences structure.
- Advanced Marketing and Advertising workshops are include in the educational offerings.
- Breakfast, Plated Lunch, Breaks, and Evening Cocktail Receptions are included in the registration fee.
- AutoCon provides over 60 workshops and hands on labs to maximize the learning experience.
- Sponsored workshops are clearly labels to allow Marketing Directors to shop for new products or not.
- Exhibit hall allows Marketing Directors to shop for new products and connect with new technology.
- Conference format allows for peer networking and group discussions to improve your sales strategy.
- WiFi is provided in all conference areas and hotel rooms so you can stay connected to work.
- Marketing Directors receive vendor coupons worth over $5,000 in product discounts.
- Attendees receive conference workbook, Dry-Fit Conference T-Shirt, and assorted logo brands gifts.
Suggested Conference Workshops
- Leveraging Google+ Local For Marketing and Online CSI Scores
- Diversity Marketing: Latinos, LGBT, and Women
- Dominate Your Local Market With Video Pre-Roll Marketing
- Why Pinterest & LinkedIn Should Be Part of Your Social Strategy
- I Know The Top 10 Profit Leaks At Your Dealership
- Data Mining & Segmentation Strategies To Identify Buyers
- The Power Of Landing Pages – 10+3 Tips To Drive Conversion
- What Influences Customer Loyalty & How Do We Measure It?
- Set Your Fixed Ops Video Strategy on Fire
- Sell More Cars Using The Service Drive
Lock In Your Attendance – Limited Time Offer
We encourage Marketing Directors to confirm their participation for AutoCon today. Take advantage of the Early Bird pricing for you and your team, which adds further savings to your September conference budget.
AutoCon, AutoConnections, Automotive, Automotive Marketing, Automotive Sales, Automotive SEO, Automotive Social, Car Dealer, Car Dealers, Car Dealership Marketing, Conference, CRM, Dealership Management, Marketing, Sales Management, Search Engine Optimization, SEO, Social Media
Exhibit Hall Supplier Coupons – Sponsors and vendors will be providing attendees with credit vouchers, compiled in a spiral bound book of coupons. The coupons will provide significant savings off products and services offered to dealers. Attendees will need to visit the exhibitor’s booth to validate the coupons, and can use the credits after the conference to lock in savings. The coupon book will total over $10,000 in supplier credits. Of course dealers will not need all the services offered in the coupon book but we are confident that their registration and travel costs can easily be covered by the savings they receive from just a handful of vendors showcased at AutoCon 2012.
Audio & Video Recorded Sessions
A common request that I have received from previous FCE events is to provide attendees with the ability to purchase audio and video recordings of the workshops that they could not attend. We have decided to record each workshop session at AutoCon 2012 and detail on gaining access to the full conference educational sessions will be provided at the registration desk when you arrive.
First Class Educators Signature Ingredients
Several aspects contribute to the overall “signature” experience when attending an FCE event. I intend on keeping every single one those popular features (or basic ingredients) and adding new ones each year. FCE events are well known for their intimate learning sessions, networking during cocktail receptions, dynamic conversions over meals, and well-timed breaks. At the end of each day, we reward attendees with a comfortable reception and facilitate building new friendships in the industry.
AutoCon, AutoConnections, Automotive, Automotive Marketing, Automotive Sales, Automotive SEO, Automotive Social, Car Dealers, Car Dealership Marketing, Conference, Dealership Management, Marketing, Sales Management, Search Engine Optimization, SEO, Social Media, Training
AutoCon 2012 Upgraded Fall Conference Facilities To Meet Demand – Aria Wins Bid – Automotive Marketing
Posted by Ralph Paglia in AutoCon, AutoConnections, Automotive Digital Marketing, Automotive Management, Automotive Retail Management, Automotive Sales, Automotive Social Media, Automotive Suppliers, Car Dealers, Conference, Dealer Training, Internet Sales Manager, Social Media Marketing, ZMOT on May 26, 2012
The rooms at Aria where AutoCon 2012 attendees will be staying are AT LEAST twice as nice as those at the much older Mirage property… And thanks to Carrie’s negotiation skills, AutoCon attendees will be staying at the Aria for less than half the cost this property normally receives! A nicer hotel at a room rate less than most other conferences is yet another reason to attend AutoCon 2012 and gain the most significant strategic insights and competitive advantages in the auto industry.
AutoCon, AutoConnections, Automotive, Automotive Marketing, Automotive Sales, Automotive SEO, Automotive Social, BDC, Car Dealer, Car Dealers, Car Dealership Marketing, Conference, CRM, Customer Relationship Management, Dealership Management, Digital Dealer, Marketing, Sales Management, Search Engine Optimization, SEO, Social Media, Suppliers, Training, ZMOT
You are currently browsing the archives for the AutoConnections category.
August 2019 S M T W T F S « Mar 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category CloudAdvertising AutoCon AutoConnections Auto Industry Professionals Automotive Digital Marketing Automotive Management Automotive Marketing Automotive Retail Management Automotive Sales Automotive Social Media Automotive Suppliers Automotive Websites Best Practices Car Dealers Conference CRM Data Analysis Dealer Training Email Marketing Google Internet Sales Manager Marketing Data Marketing Research Mobile Marketing SEO Social Marketing Social Media Marketing TrueCar - ZAG Uncategorized ZMOT
- Swapalease Data: Are Crossovers Not in Demand for Leasing?Crossovers Not Seeing Growth in Leasing? A year ago, roughly 7.4% of drivers polled said they would shop for a crossover if they needed to go out and lease a vehicle that day. A year later, that number dipped slightly to 7.1%. With all the explosive growth in Crossover production, is it not a vehicle that appeals to the lease crowd? Does Payment Threshold Re […]John Sternal
- 3 Reasons Why Loyalty to Technology is Greater than Loyalty to CarsDespite efforts to chase down loyalty in the automotive industry - the path to a repeat purchase is an even tougher feat. Here are three reasons why loyalty to technology is greater than the loyalty to cars: 1 - Market Research Ask a millennial which mattered more -- first car or first phone? My nephew, Philip, who will be attending his first class at Ole M […]Jim Flint
- How to Market Automotive Companies – The Expert ApproachMarketing is essential for all kinds of products and services including the automotive companies. These companies need to keep up with the marketing trends to ensure that they reach the audience where they are. Listed here are some of the best marketing tips for automotive companies adopted by the result-oriented, expert marketing agencies. 1. Blur the line […]Mary Lvovych
- Google Ads Two Changes for DisplayIn this video blog, Jim Flint, CEO, and Founder of Local Search Group discusses two changes you should make to deliver the most efficiencies for your Google Ad campaigns.Jim Flint
- Top 3 Reasons to invest into Building Management SystemsA Building Management System (BMS) which is also commonly known as a Building Automation System (BAS), it is a centralized control and monitoring system of the building via the computer. The main functionality of a BMS system that has been installed in the building is to control and monitor utility equipment like lighting, HVAC, Ventilation systems, Fire Ala […]Erric Ravi
- Protection Relays and Their Importance in Machine ControlInstitute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) defines protective relays “Relays whose primary function is to detect defective lines or apparatus or other power system conditions of an abnormal or dangerous nature and to initiate appropriate control circuit action”. What they do is- first, detect and then locate faults by measuring electrical quant […]Erric Ravi
- Lease Credit Approval Rates Rise to 69.1% in JulyLease Approval Ratings Improve in July Following Slight Dip in June Swapalease.com, the nation’s largest car lease marketplace, reports car lease credit applicants registered a 69.1% approval rate in July, a rise from the June rate of 65%. July experienced a strong number of applicants with qualifications for taking over another person’s lease, and a slight […]John Sternal
- The Surprising Effect Charity Work Has on Your Bottom LineCommunity involvement has always shown a strong correlation with successful businesses. A study published in Strategic Management Journal found that philanthropy was associated with increased sales growth. A 2018 report by Nielsen Global said 55% of customers were willing to spend more at companies they shared social values with. And data from Forbes showed […]Stephen Coambes
- May Your DMS Be Forever in Your FavorThis is my third and final blog in the series about what to look for when choosing a DMS. In this final part of the series, I cover three more areas to consider when investigating what should be a long-term relationship. 1. Evaluate for the Future – When it comes to choosing a new DMS provider, many dealers evaluate for the very near term. It is wiser to l […]Veronica Dunford
- JTA, Beep, First Transit and NAVYA hold autonomous vehicle emergency training for local first respondersJacksonville-area first responders, fire fighters and law enforcement officials are more prepared for the future of public transportation after completing emergency training with autonomous vehicles. The JTA, along with Florida-based autonomous mobility solutions company Beep, First Transit and autonomous vehicle manufacturer NAVYA, hosted a day-long trainin […]John Sternal
- Latest Equifax Auto Credit Trends Illustrate Softening Loan BalancesHere are the latest auto credit trends as reported by Equifax through March 2019: Equifax is reporting data that show the increase in loan balances on both financed and leased vehicles may beginning to slow. Balances on loans in the period ending January 2019 showed an increase of 2.8% from the year earlier, this number shrunk to just 1.3% in the period en […]John Sternal
- Why fuel cards are haves trucking business and the likeThe profit margin of trucking business is just too thin, as little as about 5 cents for every dollar spent and the major cost going for fuel purchase, which is the lifeblood for the business. And this is where fleet operators and fleet managers face the most challenging task as their goal is to keep fuel expenses under control and as low as possible. They mu […]Simon Morris
- Beep Selects Bestmile To Plan, Manage, and Optimize Autonomous Vehicle FleetsAutonomous Mobility Solutions Company Partners with Leading Fleet Orchestration Platform to Deliver Intelligent, Consistent, Autonomous Mobility Services Beep, a Florida-based autonomous mobility solutions company, today announced a partnership with Bestmile, the leading fleet orchestration platform. Through this partnership, Beep will leverage the market le […]John Sternal
- Auto Industry Viral Marketing Innovator Vboost Achieves Milestone of 10 Million Video Views for Auto Dealer ClientsUnique Customercials are organically shared by customers across their social platforms producing a huge viral lift for auto dealers Newport Beach, CA –August 13, 2019– Vboost (www.vboost.com), a viral marketing company for auto dealers, today announced that since the company started seven years ago, video views for its auto dealer clients featuring customers […]Paul Moran
- Getting Service Recommendations Is Child's PlayCustomer experience and standing out from the competition by excelling at customer satisfaction is still very much a good business practice today. Time is valuable for today's busy consumers, and many dislike the vehicle service experience at dealerships because of long wait times. Loaner cars and shuttles help, but they can end up making it more challe […]Dan Beres
- Five Drivers of Google Ad ExcellenceHow can you go from good to great in the hyper-competitive Google ad space? Here are five keys to help drive ad relevance, quality score, and overall ad performance. 1. Run Three or More Ads per Group The whole point of running at least two ads per ad group is to see which one performs better. Try three so that you continually rotate one out of the mix. It w […]Jim Flint
- SureSale Launches National Ad Campaign: Introduces Shirley, Brand Ambassador for SureSale’s Certified VehiclesPrint and broadcast media campaign supports SureSale’s transparent buying experience for quality used vehicles; Louisville is premiere market with others to follow Los Angeles, CA –August 12, 2019 – SureSale Certified, the gold standard for quality used vehicles and purchase protection today announced the launch of a new multi-channel advertising campaign […]Crystal Hartwell
- Car Finance FAQThe world of vehicle finance can be very confusing to the average person. If you do not finance cars often, you may be a little overwhelmed by all of the jargon and information involved. Here are a few of the more commonly asked questions regarding car finance. What Information Do I Need to Apply? When applying for an auto loan, you probably need several dif […]Tony Chips
- Auto/Mate Integrates DMS with Armatus Dealer Uplift, Boosting Auto Dealers’ Warranty Parts Gross ProfitsAlbany, N.Y. – August 12, 2019 – Auto/Mate Dealership Systems announced today it has successfully completed all dealership management system (DMS) integrations with Armatus Dealer Uplift. Real-time integration between the two systems allows auto dealers to expedite their retail warranty parts reimbursement submissions. "Manufacturer rules and state la […]Mike Esposito
- Use Customer Data to Build Better RelationshipsFor such a small word, the word ‘data’ packs a pretty big punch. Some marketers get overwhelmed when they hear it because they believe it’s complicated. Others give it a bad rap without really understanding the benefits. Yet it’s difficult to deny the advantages of data-driven marketing: 2 out of 3 leading marketers admit that data-based decisions beat g […]Courtney Evans
- Swapalease Data: Are Crossovers Not in Demand for Leasing?
- March 2019
- January 2019
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- February 2018
- December 2017
- May 2017
- November 2016
- May 2016
- August 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- January 2015
- July 2014
- April 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- August 2008
- Auto Industry Professionals
- Automotive Digital Marketing
- Automotive Management
- Automotive Marketing
- Automotive Product
- Automotive Retail Management
- Automotive Sales
- Automotive Social Media
- Automotive Suppliers
- Automotive Websites
- Best Practices
- Calls to Action
- Car Dealers
- Commercial Vehicles
- Data Analysis
- Dealer Management System
- Dealer Training
- Dealer Website
- Dealers United
- Digital Marketing Strategies Conference
- Dominion Dealer Solutions
- Email Marketing
- Help Wanted
- Internet Sales Manager
- Inventory Photos
- Managed Chat
- Market Research
- Marketing Data
- Marketing Metrics
- Marketing Research
- Mergers and Acduisitions
- Mobile Marketing
- News and politics
- QR Code
- Search Engine Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- String Automotive
- Tax Incentives
- TrueCar – ZAG
- Vehicle Merchandising
- Website Lead Forms
- Women Certified
- The latest Car Dealer Group Daily! paper.li/RalphPaglia/13… #cardealers 8 hours ago
- KAR's auction operations: ‘Unified approach’ at ADESA, TradeRev autoremarketing.com/wholesale/kars… #cardealers 12 hours ago
- The latest The Automotive Marketing Daily! paper.li/RalphPaglia/15… Thanks to @NuVinAirSE @TradeRevTweets @SidSaikia #carsales #cardealers 12 hours ago
- Automotive Social Media Daily is out! paper.li/RalphPaglia/au… Stories via @hasai #rt #podcast 17 hours ago
- Ralph Paglia Car Guy Daily News is out! paper.li/RalphPaglia?ed… Stories via @GarrettSmithley @uniquefoodscorp @KEVINTOMIRANDA #ai #marketing 22 hours ago
- The latest Automotive Thought Leader Journal! paper.li/RalphPaglia/au… Thanks to @GrantCardone #marketing #startups 23 hours ago
- The latest Car Dealer Group Daily! paper.li/RalphPaglia/13… #automotiveindustry 1 day ago
- Automotive Marketing Trends for 2019 medium.com/@seancassy… #automotiveindustry 1 day ago
- The latest The Automotive Marketing Daily! paper.li/RalphPaglia/15… Thanks to @CThompsonATL @FrikinTech @getcarbly #carsales #automotive 1 day ago
- Automotive Social Media Daily is out! paper.li/RalphPaglia/au… #rt #job 1 day ago
- Ralph Paglia Car Guy Daily News is out! paper.li/RalphPaglia?ed… Stories via @nealboudette @CarzillaUSA @Dartherino4 #marketing #business 1 day ago
- The latest Automotive Thought Leader Journal! paper.li/RalphPaglia/au… Thanks to @AssumptiveSell #job #podcast 1 day ago
- The latest Car Dealer Group Daily! paper.li/RalphPaglia/13… 2 days ago
- Dealers Dangle Deals to Move Outgoing Models wsj.com/articles/deale… #cardealers 2 days ago
- The latest The Automotive Marketing Daily! paper.li/RalphPaglia/15… Thanks to @AutoRaptor @BPIprinting @JDGarageEquip #carsales #automotive 2 days ago
- Automotive Social Media Daily is out! paper.li/RalphPaglia/au… Stories via @annatalerico #rt #cybersecurity 2 days ago
- Ralph Paglia Car Guy Daily News is out! paper.li/RalphPaglia?ed… Stories via @BoxingNewsMedia @meNabster @laserhaas01 #marketing #tech 2 days ago
- The latest Automotive Thought Leader Journal! paper.li/RalphPaglia/au… Thanks to @JeffWolfUSA #martech #cybersecurity 2 days ago
- The latest Car Dealer Group Daily! paper.li/RalphPaglia/13… #snapchat 3 days ago
- How This Snapchat Study Gives Insight Into the Next Generation of Car Buyers adweek.com/brand-marketin… #snapchat 3 days ago