Archive for category AutoConnections
AutoCon 2012 Provides Diversity and Women’s Issues Workshops – Automotive Digital Marketing Professional Community
Posted by Ralph Paglia in AutoCon, AutoConnections, Automotive Digital Marketing, Automotive Management, Automotive Retail Management, Automotive Sales, Automotive Social Media, Car Dealers, Conference, Dealer Training, Google, Social Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Women Certified on June 29, 2012
AutoCon 2012 Provides Diversity and Women’s Issues Workshops
The AutoCon 2012 Planning Committee is pleased to announce our partnership with Jody DeVere, CEO of AskPatty.com to create a powerful set of workshops that address diversity marketing and Women’s issues in the automotive industry.
Rarely do mainstream conferences invest the time and workshop space to cover what we consider as important topics for today’s auto dealership.
The workshops will include subject matter experts, women in leadership in the automotive industry, dealer principals, and diversity specialists. Attendees that attend at least three of the Diversity Tract workshops will receive a Diversity Training certificate on the closing day of AutoCon 2012.
Diversity Workshop Offered at AutoCon 2012
Here are the current workshops offered in this tract:
- Diversity Marketing to Latinos
- Recruiting, Hiring, & Retaining Women in Automotive Industry
- Case Studies of Dealerships Getting It Right With Women
- Diversity Marketing to LGBT Community
- A Candid Discussion With Women Leading Successful Dealerships
We encourage members of the automotive community that would like to see more discussion on Women’s issues, leadership opportunities for Women, and marketing strategies for our diverse customer base, to please share the information about AutoCon to their peers.
For more information and online event registration, please click the image below:
AutoCon, AutoConnections, Automotive, Automotive Marketing, Automotive Sales, Automotive SEO, Automotive Social, Car Dealer, Car Dealership Marketing, Conference, Dealership Management, Sales Management, Social Media, Training
Another prediction that I wrote about has come true. Change is in the air again at Google. Paid Search just took a big step forward or backwards, depending on how you think. It’s called “Google Commercial Unit For Cars“.
In November 2011, I wrote about a product called “Google Advisor” which will change the landscape of paid search marketing for new car sales. It has taken a very long time for this product to get off the ground. This type of product has been around in the mortgage lead generation business for years.
Well the Google Advisor product for automotive leads is here and it has a more common name: Google Cars.
I finally was able to see the product live today and so can you. Just change your browser location to Zip Code 94301 and conduct a search on Google with this phrase:
Palo Alto Toyota
What you will see might shock you, as Google has clearly entered into the new car lead generation business. I created a few screen shots to explain how the model works, and I am sure this will be evolving. I would love to get your opinion on this strategy and if you would be interested in testing this new service.
San Francisco Bay Beta Test of Google Cars
Currently, this product is only available in the San Francisco Bay area. We will find out when this will open up to other markets. This is only for new cars and it requires a dealer to provide and inventory feed of their new cars.
According to my sources, this product is focused on lower sales funnel queries meaning the buyer has already decided on a brand and a model to purchase. So it will not be showing up for all automotive search queries, just a subset that Google believes have already made a brand/model selection.
Google Cars Inventory Model Results Page
When you Click on the first photo of the Toyota Camry in the red box above, you will be shown this page
Google Cars Pricing Info
If you click on the “Google Price Info” link, you might get a chill down your spine, like TrueCar did for car dealers.
The Google Price popup box is shown on the right. If you click on the “Learn More” link, you can read about how these prices are determined.
The “regional price paid” data according to Google comes from data shared by dealers to the DMV in their state. Here is what Google says:
Regional price paid tells you how much the vehicle you want tends to sell for in your area. It is calculated from real new car sales in your area over the past 90 days, as reported by dealers to the DMV.
Regional price paid is specific to the make, model, trim, packages, and options shown. It includes destination charge; it excludes taxes and fees. It may include incentives and other promotions running at that time that may have impacted the average price paid.”
Google Cars VDP
When you you click on a specific vehicle, you will be taken to a VDP page that looks like this:
Google Cars Email Contact Options
And when you click to contact the dealer, you have three options. Clicking on the “Email Dealer” choice reveals this screen.
Notice that the consumer can easily select other local dealers to quote on the same vehicle.
Communication Via Proxies
I was able to confirm that this is a pay per lead model and user contact information is not shared, all communications will go through proxies. Take a peek at the image above to see the statement “Google protects you from spam“.
This is an attempt to limit spam to consumers from dealers. Read the information on this link: http://support.google.com/websearch/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=…
This adds a degree of complexity since normal CRM workflows and contact strategies will be impacted by lack of direct phone number via proxies. This means that leads generated by the program will really need to be worked to get direct contact information before the proxy period expires.
I will be working to get the information you need to prepare for this new opportunity in new car vehicle marketing. If you have any specific questions, let me know. You can send me an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the meantime, I’ll be busy researching this and getting the facts. Keep in mind that at AutoCon 2012 will have 3 deep dive workshops on all the latest paid search strategies that car dealers can leverage.
Brian Pasch, CEO
PCG Digital Marketing
AutoCon, AutoConnections, Automotive, Automotive Marketing, Automotive Sales, Car Dealer, Car Dealer Internet Leads, Car Dealers, Car Dealership Marketing, Commercial Unit for Cars, Google, Leads, Marketing, Sales Leads, Sales Management
Posted by Ralph Paglia in Advertising, AutoCon, AutoConnections, Automotive Digital Marketing, Automotive Management, Automotive Retail Management, Automotive Social Media, Automotive Suppliers, Car Dealers, Conference, CRM, News and politics, SEO, Social Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Women Certified on June 19, 2012
Why Marketing Directors Should Choose AutoCon 2012 Over Other Fall Conferences
We understand that Marketing Directors have many choices where to invest their time out of the dealership. We have made AutoCon the ideal choice for Marketing Directors for these reasons:
- AutoCon is a new with fresh ideas and an innovative approach to the conferences structure.
- Advanced Marketing and Advertising workshops are include in the educational offerings.
- Breakfast, Plated Lunch, Breaks, and Evening Cocktail Receptions are included in the registration fee.
- AutoCon provides over 60 workshops and hands on labs to maximize the learning experience.
- Sponsored workshops are clearly labels to allow Marketing Directors to shop for new products or not.
- Exhibit hall allows Marketing Directors to shop for new products and connect with new technology.
- Conference format allows for peer networking and group discussions to improve your sales strategy.
- WiFi is provided in all conference areas and hotel rooms so you can stay connected to work.
- Marketing Directors receive vendor coupons worth over $5,000 in product discounts.
- Attendees receive conference workbook, Dry-Fit Conference T-Shirt, and assorted logo brands gifts.
Suggested Conference Workshops
- Leveraging Google+ Local For Marketing and Online CSI Scores
- Diversity Marketing: Latinos, LGBT, and Women
- Dominate Your Local Market With Video Pre-Roll Marketing
- Why Pinterest & LinkedIn Should Be Part of Your Social Strategy
- I Know The Top 10 Profit Leaks At Your Dealership
- Data Mining & Segmentation Strategies To Identify Buyers
- The Power Of Landing Pages – 10+3 Tips To Drive Conversion
- What Influences Customer Loyalty & How Do We Measure It?
- Set Your Fixed Ops Video Strategy on Fire
- Sell More Cars Using The Service Drive
Lock In Your Attendance – Limited Time Offer
We encourage Marketing Directors to confirm their participation for AutoCon today. Take advantage of the Early Bird pricing for you and your team, which adds further savings to your September conference budget.
AutoCon, AutoConnections, Automotive, Automotive Marketing, Automotive Sales, Automotive SEO, Automotive Social, Car Dealer, Car Dealers, Car Dealership Marketing, Conference, CRM, Dealership Management, Marketing, Sales Management, Search Engine Optimization, SEO, Social Media
Exhibit Hall Supplier Coupons – Sponsors and vendors will be providing attendees with credit vouchers, compiled in a spiral bound book of coupons. The coupons will provide significant savings off products and services offered to dealers. Attendees will need to visit the exhibitor’s booth to validate the coupons, and can use the credits after the conference to lock in savings. The coupon book will total over $10,000 in supplier credits. Of course dealers will not need all the services offered in the coupon book but we are confident that their registration and travel costs can easily be covered by the savings they receive from just a handful of vendors showcased at AutoCon 2012.
Audio & Video Recorded Sessions
A common request that I have received from previous FCE events is to provide attendees with the ability to purchase audio and video recordings of the workshops that they could not attend. We have decided to record each workshop session at AutoCon 2012 and detail on gaining access to the full conference educational sessions will be provided at the registration desk when you arrive.
First Class Educators Signature Ingredients
Several aspects contribute to the overall “signature” experience when attending an FCE event. I intend on keeping every single one those popular features (or basic ingredients) and adding new ones each year. FCE events are well known for their intimate learning sessions, networking during cocktail receptions, dynamic conversions over meals, and well-timed breaks. At the end of each day, we reward attendees with a comfortable reception and facilitate building new friendships in the industry.
AutoCon, AutoConnections, Automotive, Automotive Marketing, Automotive Sales, Automotive SEO, Automotive Social, Car Dealers, Car Dealership Marketing, Conference, Dealership Management, Marketing, Sales Management, Search Engine Optimization, SEO, Social Media, Training
AutoCon 2012 Upgraded Fall Conference Facilities To Meet Demand – Aria Wins Bid – Automotive Marketing
Posted by Ralph Paglia in AutoCon, AutoConnections, Automotive Digital Marketing, Automotive Management, Automotive Retail Management, Automotive Sales, Automotive Social Media, Automotive Suppliers, Car Dealers, Conference, Dealer Training, Internet Sales Manager, Social Media Marketing, ZMOT on May 26, 2012
The rooms at Aria where AutoCon 2012 attendees will be staying are AT LEAST twice as nice as those at the much older Mirage property… And thanks to Carrie’s negotiation skills, AutoCon attendees will be staying at the Aria for less than half the cost this property normally receives! A nicer hotel at a room rate less than most other conferences is yet another reason to attend AutoCon 2012 and gain the most significant strategic insights and competitive advantages in the auto industry.
AutoCon, AutoConnections, Automotive, Automotive Marketing, Automotive Sales, Automotive SEO, Automotive Social, BDC, Car Dealer, Car Dealers, Car Dealership Marketing, Conference, CRM, Customer Relationship Management, Dealership Management, Digital Dealer, Marketing, Sales Management, Search Engine Optimization, SEO, Social Media, Suppliers, Training, ZMOT
You are currently browsing the archives for the AutoConnections category.
December 2019 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category CloudAdvertising AutoCon AutoConnections Auto Industry Professionals Automotive Digital Marketing Automotive Management Automotive Marketing Automotive Retail Management Automotive Sales Automotive Social Media Automotive Suppliers Automotive Websites Best Practices Car Dealers Conference CRM Data Analysis Dealer Training Email Marketing Google Internet Sales Manager Marketing Data Marketing Research Mobile Marketing SEO Social Marketing Social Media Marketing TrueCar - ZAG Uncategorized ZMOT
- Planning To Commute By Motorcycle: Read This FirstNot all the people are lucky enough to work from home. Most of us have to deal with daily commuting to work and back. Going to work by car or travelling by train every single day may become a bit expensive on the long run. That's the main reason why I have decided to have my motorbike as my primary mode of transport and here is what I have learned so fa […]Dalton Cruse
- Who’s Got Next?In a race to bring leads to dealerships, Facebook and Google – via YouTube, too—are next into the leads space. On the surface, it’s more or less the right thing to do. Until you go below the surface--where it’s a fast track to competing and swimming with Autotrader, CarGurus, and Cars.com. Despite incredible 1st Party information, do Facebook and Google want […]Jim Flint
- Auto Groups Overlook $230K Per Store in Used-Car Service Opportunities [PRESS RELEASE]Study reveals that auto groups could significantly increase customer pay revenue by marketing to used off make buyers who purchase from sister stores Chicago, IL—December 3, 2019— As auto groups continue to ramp up used-car sales in response to consumer demand and shrinking new vehicle margins, they are overlooking opportunities to service a significant perc […]Scot Eisenfelder
- Flick Fusion Introduces Dynamic Marketing Videos (DMVs) for Auto DealersNew platform offers cost-effective, fast solution for creating videos that promote auto manufacturers’ incentives Urbandale, IA—December 2, 2019—Flick Fusion introduces Dynamic Marketing Videos (DMVs) for auto dealerships, greatly reducing the time and expense associated with creating marketing videos that promote manufacturers’ incentives. The DMV platform […]Timmy D. James
- Auto/Mate Integrates Dealership Management System (DMS) with Storm Kiosks Inc.’s Express Service KiosksAlbany, N.Y. – December 2, 2019 – Auto/Mate Dealership Systems announced today it has successfully completed all dealership management system (DMS) integrations with Storm Kiosks Inc., the industry’s leading supplier of automotive express service kiosks for auto dealership service departments. Auto/Mate’s DMS customers can now seamlessly access and monitor k […]Mike Esposito
- Is Mobile Service the Answer to Higher Recall Completion Rates?Recall completion percentages have been increasing, but despite increased communication attempts, that increase is hitting a plateau. A recent trend reveals that many vehicle owners are very interested in mobile services. Currently, the percentage of independent repair shops that offer mobile services dramatically outweighs franchised dealers. Are dealers […]Dan Beres
- New Lease Data Forecasts Which Vehicles are Best Price to Lease in the Month of DecemberWantalease.com Data Shows that Cars and SUVs could offer Attractive Lease Deals for December Year-End Promotions based on November Lease Trends Wantalease.com, the nation’s first online marketplace for new lease deals, reports the latest update on new lease offerings for the month of November, and forecasts new leasing trends for the month of December. Seve […]John Sternal
- Top 5 Marketing and Sales Tools to Help Your Car Dalership Reach Sales ObjectivesWith proper marketing and sales tools, you can increase the profit margin of your business and also gain massive acceptance while adding value to your company. While traditional marketing tools are still in use, digit marketing tools are seen to be more effective and profitable. There are various tools that you can use, such as re-marketing or re-targeting, […]Subhodip Das
- Kerrigan Advisors Represents on the Sale of Bredemann Lexus - The 3rd Lexus Dealership Sold by Kerrigan Advisors in 2019Bredemann Lexus sold to Fields Automotive Group Irvine, CA, November 25, 2019 – Kerrigan Advisors, one of the leading sell-side advisory firms to auto dealers in the US, represented and advised Bredemann Lexus, located in Glenview, Illinois in its sale on November 18, 2019. The buyer is Glencoe, Illinois-based Fields Automotive Group, ranked number 27 in […]Crystal Hartwell
- Vital Automobile Racing OccasionsAuto racing is just one of the most popular sports that has a great deal of sentimental worth attached to it. Whether you are directly involved with auto racing occasions, opportunities are that you know someone that has actually been. Nevertheless, dfives yearly there are very important auto racing events that take place at auto racing tracks all around the […]Walter Moore
- Strobe Light MarketingThis could—more or less so – be the right time. Or now. Or turn it on now. Or off now. Except it doesn’t work because you’re on again and off again. Strobe light marketing mistakes activity for achievement and asks the questions of whether or not we can save advertising monies by turning things off? Strobe light marketing misses the mark of metric-mind […]Jim Flint
- How to Take Advantage of the Rising Popularity of Video Marketing, Right NOW!You don’t have to look very far to see that Video Marketing is the future of digital marketing. Not only is it cost effective, easy to create and use video online, but consumers favor video on almost every platform. If you are a dealer, video is too important to overlook. While it is popular now with marketers and consumers, that popularity will be even larg […]Timmy D. James
- "Catching my groove" - Even received a few Reviews."Catching my groove" - Even received a few Reviews. Check it out on my DealerRater page; https://lnkd.in/eqQ9neEKen Beam
- Kerrigan Advisors Represents El Monte Honda in its Sale – The 10th Honda Dealership Kerrigan Advisors Has Represented for Sale since 2015El Monte Honda sold to Car Pros Automotive Group Irvine, CA., Tuesday, November 20, 2019 – Kerrigan Advisors, the leading sell-side advisory firm to auto dealers in the US, represented and advised on the sale of Los Angeles County-based El Monte Honda, owned by Steve Nelson and business partners, to Washington-based Car Pros Automotive Group. This is the […]Crystal Hartwell
- Where Oh Where Do We Find More Techs?With the increasing demand for service repairs, dealers are scrambling to recruit more technicians. At the same time, the pool of experienced technicians is dwindling, as not enough new technicians are entering the workforce -- and demand will only increase. Regardless of how much money your dealership may spend to expand your facilities to accommodate mor […]Dan Beres
- "Gettin` back up in the Saddle!" -- Let`s make some Walk-around VideosGetting back to my roots & creating my Walk-around Videos. Ultimately to enhance the potential Customer`s experience when they send in an inquiry on a certain vehicle. #highlyeffectivemarketingKen Beam
- Are You Over Communicating To Your Customers?When it comes to email marketing, frequency of communications plays an important role in getting customers to open your emails AND in getting them into your showroom. However, flooding their inboxes with daily communications poses risks. Too many emails and your customers will lose trust in your business and unsubscribe from future marketing. Based on a 20 […]Doug Van Sach
- Slight Downturn In Lease Credit Approvals In OctoberLease Approval Ratings Drop Slightly to 68.8% in October Following Increase in September Swapalease.com, the nation’s largest car lease marketplace, reports car lease credit applicants registered a 68.8% approval rate in October, a modest dip from the September rate of 72.9%. When compared to October of 2018, the number of lease approvals has decreased sligh […]John Sternal
- Auto Loan & Lease Origination Data Reported as of August 2019Auto Loan Originations Observations Originations through June 2019 reported as of August 2019 12.3 million auto loans, totaling $286.2 billion, have been originated year-to-date. This is a 0.6% decrease in accounts and a 2.6% increase in balances over this time last year. Auto loans represent 86.6% of all auto account originations and 90.0% of all auto origi […]John Sternal
- Determining Which Social Media Strategies Are Generating LeadsWith so many “sure-fire ways” to boost leads on social media, it can be challenging to determine which techniques actually are successful for your dealership. Paying attention to the metrics of certain strategies and campaigns on social media will point you to the most effective ways to generate leads. Read on for tips to determine the best lead generation t […]Dixie Somers
- Planning To Commute By Motorcycle: Read This First
- November 2019
- March 2019
- January 2019
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- February 2018
- December 2017
- May 2017
- November 2016
- May 2016
- August 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- January 2015
- July 2014
- April 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- August 2008
- Auto Industry Professionals
- Automotive Digital Marketing
- Automotive Management
- Automotive Marketing
- Automotive Product
- Automotive Retail Management
- Automotive Sales
- Automotive Social Media
- Automotive Suppliers
- Automotive Websites
- Best Practices
- Calls to Action
- Car Dealers
- Commercial Vehicles
- Data Analysis
- Dealer Management System
- Dealer Training
- Dealer Website
- Dealers United
- Digital Marketing Strategies Conference
- Dominion Dealer Solutions
- Email Marketing
- Help Wanted
- Internet Sales Manager
- Inventory Photos
- Managed Chat
- Market Research
- Marketing Data
- Marketing Metrics
- Marketing Research
- Mergers and Acduisitions
- Mobile Marketing
- News and politics
- QR Code
- Search Engine Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- String Automotive
- Tax Incentives
- TrueCar – ZAG
- Vehicle Merchandising
- Website Lead Forms
- Women Certified
- The latest Car Dealer Group Daily! paper.li/RalphPaglia/13… #amazingcars 3 hours ago
- Honda uses social media to talk about car crashes autonews.com/regulation-saf… #amazingcars 7 hours ago
- The latest The Automotive Marketing Daily! paper.li/RalphPaglia/15… Thanks to @AutolookUK @TalkAboutIt_SF #carsales #westbury 7 hours ago
- Automotive Social Media Daily is out! paper.li/RalphPaglia/au… Stories via @carterwestpr @philipzelinger #rt #job 12 hours ago
- Ralph Paglia Car Guy Daily News is out! paper.li/RalphPaglia?ed… Stories via @BillEsteem #socialmedia #ai 17 hours ago
- The latest Automotive Thought Leader Journal! paper.li/RalphPaglia/au… #job #perks 18 hours ago
- The latest Car Dealer Group Daily! paper.li/RalphPaglia/13… 1 day ago
- Pre-Qualify for a Car Loan Before Entering the Snakepit | bankcenter.com paper.li/RalphPaglia/15… #autoloans 1 day ago
- The latest The Automotive Marketing Daily! paper.li/RalphPaglia/15… #autoloans #cardealers 1 day ago
- Automotive Social Media Daily is out! paper.li/RalphPaglia/au… #rt #perks 1 day ago
- Ralph Paglia Car Guy Daily News is out! paper.li/RalphPaglia?ed… Stories via @AnneDGallaher @MarkSugar306 #marketing #boxing 1 day ago
- The latest Automotive Thought Leader Journal! paper.li/RalphPaglia/au… Thanks to @rickcasegroup @NewEnglandSMB #startups #startup 1 day ago
- The latest Car Dealer Group Daily! paper.li/RalphPaglia/13… #automarketing 2 days ago
- 5 Automotive Advertising Strategies to Sell More Cars acquisio.com/blog/agency/au… #automarketing 2 days ago
- The latest The Automotive Marketing Daily! paper.li/RalphPaglia/15… Thanks to @ScottTJoseph #carsales #motortrade 2 days ago
- Automotive Social Media Daily is out! paper.li/RalphPaglia/au… Stories via @KyaniTeamWA #rt #spotifywrapped2019 2 days ago
- Ralph Paglia Car Guy Daily News is out! paper.li/RalphPaglia?ed… Stories via @HarryDouglas #cybersecurity #boxing 2 days ago
- The latest Automotive Thought Leader Journal! paper.li/RalphPaglia/au… Thanks to @timjonesdenver #spotifywrapped2019 #wordpress 2 days ago
- UK Electric car sales UP THREE-FOLD in November | Cars UK paper.li/RalphPaglia/15… #carsales 3 days ago
- The latest The Automotive Marketing Daily! paper.li/RalphPaglia/15… Thanks to @AutolookUK @dsgfinance #carsales #motortrade 3 days ago