Archive for category Facebook
Facebook and Twitter Offer Dealers New Ad Targeting Capabilities – Automotive Digital Marketing Professional Community
For the dominant social networks, the pressure is on. Facebook’s IPO cast a harsh light on its advertising revenue business models, which are not growing as fast as Wall Street had hoped. Twitter, on the other hand, has to prove that it has a business model for driving revenue that scales large enough to keep their doors open.
One way to add value to what is offered to advertisers and thus gain more ad dollars is to ramp up ad targeting, which both companies have done over the past few months. But while Twitter is playing it safe, Facebook is pushing the envelope with new tools, including corporate data base “Match-Back” services that could deliver the exact automotive consumers your dealership is looking for… But, could also bring the web equivalent of junk mail to your Facebook page.
Most Americans are accustomed to the rules of engagement for direct mail, which is very much an offline practice. (Subscribe to a new magazine? Don’t be surprised to see a raft of offers for credit cards in your mailbox.) But Facebook is allowing its big advertisers, including car companies and dealer groups to match the email addresses and phone numbers they’ve collected with Facebook profiles matching that data.
The move raises a number of privacy questions. When a consumer gives an email address or number to a marketer, there’s the expectation he will get communication from the brand. But what about when it comes to Facebook? “I don’t think anyone who has given an email and phone number to Facebook expected it to be used by Tide to target ads at them,” said Alan Chapell, an attorney who consults with ad-tech companies on privacy policies.
Facebook says it’s giving users two opportunities to opt out. First, a marketer must ask permission from customers to reach them on Facebook. Second, users can opt out by clicking a box on the ads themselves.
Twitter’s gentler approach
Twitter, which described its new targeting option as the biggest change to its ad capabilities since they were first introduced, is taking a more cautious approach. Twitter’s interest targeting includes 350 prepackaged categories, from the broad “pets” or “films” to more niche subcategories like “documentaries” and “Bollywood.”
The categories are not created from the content of tweets themselves, but from user actions on Twitter such as retweets and favorites, and whom users follow. If you follow Anthony Bourdain, for example, that’s a clue that you’re a foodie.
Unlike Facebook, Twitter is intrinsically public and users have no expectation of privacy. Yet Twitter’s approach to targeting is likely to be perceived as less invasive than, say, Google’s mining of search data or Gmail. “We have always been thoughtful and deliberate in how we roll out our advertising products and features,” a spokeswoman said in a statement. “This certainly applies to targeting as well.”
One could also argue that users have higher switching costs since many have spent years accumulating connections, photos and apps. That’s why we predict it will keep pushing the envelope until the scope of its business matches the ubiquity of its user base, and why the ad targeting has only just begun.
Facebook Infographic Source:
Twitter Infographic Source:
Guy Kawasaki and Infographic Showcase
Posted by Ralph Paglia in Automotive Digital Marketing, Automotive Marketing, Automotive Retail Management, Automotive Sales, Automotive Social Media, Best Practices, Car Dealers, Data Analysis, Dealer Training, Facebook, Google, Market Research, Marketing Research, Social Marketing on June 18, 2013
There are many dealers who have strong criticisms regarding Edmunds.com, but regardless of whether you consider Edmunds an asset or a liability to the retail auto industry there is little debate about their unique position within the vehicle buying process for many millions of automotive consumers…
The stark reality for car dealers seeking greater understanding of how car buyers shop online in 2013 is that Edmunds.com has the ability to paint a vivid portrait of today’s online car shopper… Which includes 9 out of 10 new and used vehicle buyers!
About 18 million visitors use the Edmunds.com site every month to shop for their next new or used car, and this gives the Edmunds team an unparalleled insight into the car buyer’s research and shopping process. For as many years as I can remember, Edmunds has used the online automotive consumer activity to generate extensive research data and analysis to drive the sort of car buying insights that would establish itself as one of the more valuable resources for car companies and dealers to better understand car shopping and the way buyers use automotive information. Historically, Edmunds has made the analysis and insights available to their business partners and to the public through academic inquiries and media requests. However, Edmunds has not previously assembled together the complete volume of current time period data and the analysis and insights gleaned in one coherent piece.
By publishing and making available the 2013 Edmunds.com Car Shopping Trends Report, they have provided the auto industry and especially dealers and automotive marketers with a true gem of a document. The report which ADM Professional Community members can download using the link at the bottom of this blog post, shows the results of extensive data mining within the Edmunds.com’s extensive database to reveal the most relevant car shopping and purchasing trends in America today. These trends offer direct clues toward ways that the automotive industry can move forward by empowering a more engaging car shopping experience.
Throughout the 2013 Edmunds.com Car Shopping Trends Report, you’ll also find references to a 2011 survey conducted by “Added Value” on behalf of Edmunds.com that asked 2,476 online car shoppers representing the U.S. car shopper population to describe their expectations for their next car purchase. Edmunds correlated these responses to real-world buying data to see if shopper expectations match reality. In preparing their analysis and conclusions, the Edmunds market research team found many striking consistencies between the two sets of market research data. These surprisingly strong correlations between the two reports suggest that car shoppers have a strong sense of the automotive marketplace and that they know how to set reasonable expectations around price, availability and product performance.
By evaluating this wealth of data provided by the Edmunds team, you will find a story about car shoppers that is often surprising and counter-intuitive to many dealers and automotive professionals. While at other times, the Edmunds data reinforces critical theories held by car dealers, automotive sales professionals and throughout the auto industry. Some of the key findings in the 2013 Edmunds.com Car Shopping Trends Report include:
- Two out of every three car shoppers consider themselves highly engaged in the car shopping process, and they turn to a variety of information to help them decide on a new or used car. Time spent on Edmunds.com is up 2 percent from 2011 to 2012. And the most-viewed elements by new car shoppers on Edmunds.com are reviews, pricing information and photos.
- Mobile access is becoming a powerful tool for car buyers. Traffic to Edmunds.com’s mobile site spikes on the weekends – and especially on Saturdays – when the bulk of car buying takes place.
- Shoppers are very good at anticipating how much they’ll pay for a new car. New car shoppers told us in 2011 that they plan to spend $30,500, on average, for their next vehicle. In fact the average transaction price for a new car the following year was $30,803.
- The average age of a new car buyer is about four years older than the average age of a used car buyer.
- Shoppers are turning to leases now more than ever. And the difference between the average monthly lease payment ($433) and the average monthly finance payment ($468) is greater than at any time since Edmunds.com started keeping records.
- About 44 percent of all trade-in vehicles last year went toward a new car by the same brand, which is consistent with our 2011 survey that found that 49 percent of shoppers say they “plan to stick with a brand that has worked in the past.”
- Luxury car owners and shoppers are buying and considering more nonluxury cars. The trend speaks to the improved quality of non-luxury vehicles.
- Many shoppers say they want just the basics in a new car, but emotions can drive buyers to add options. New car buyers are willing to spend an average of $2,200 – or about seven percent – above base model and trim prices to add more options on their cars.
The Edmunds.com’s 2013 Car Shopping Trends Report is intended to be a free resource for ADM Professional Community members who are interested in creating a better car buying experience. This is just the first in a series of reports that the Edmunds Research team hopes will shed more light on car shopping behavior. The team intends these findings to open up a dialogue which will contribute to the ongoing improvements within the automotive retail industry. They also want to encourage ADM Professional Community members to contact Edmunds at any time to discuss more ways that Edmunds.com can help you better understand today’s car shopper.
Here is a link to download a PDF version of the Edmunds.com’s 2013 Car Shopping Trends Report: http://static.ed.edmunds-media.com/unversioned/img/industry-center/…
Edmunds Points of Contact
For Dealer Inquiries: 855-EDMUNDS
For Press Inquiries:
Edmunds Annual New Vehicle Sales Forecast for 2013 and Historical Actual Sales:
- Edmunds Trawls for Car Buyers in Social
- Edmunds 2013 Car Shopping Trends Report
- Website Allows Car Shoppers to Survey Real Prices
- Edmunds.com exec: Car buying should be more like Amazon.com
- The Next Amazon: Edmunds.com?
- Contact at Once! Tells Dealers: Choose Your Chat Provider Wisely
- Competitive Advantage: Professional Networking for Car Dealers
- Internet Marketing Tree of Priorities for Car Dealers
- Digital Marketing Infographic Shows Priorities for Car Dealers
- Polk And Datalogix Extend Exclusive Digital Automotive Partnership Through 2016
You are currently browsing the archives for the Facebook category.
June 2017 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Category CloudAdvertising AutoCon AutoConnections Auto Industry Professionals Automotive Digital Marketing Automotive Management Automotive Marketing Automotive Retail Management Automotive Sales Automotive Social Media Automotive Suppliers Automotive Websites Best Practices Car Dealers Conference CRM Data Analysis Dealer Training Email Marketing Google Internet Sales Manager Marketing Data Marketing Research Mobile Marketing SEO Social Marketing Social Media Marketing TrueCar - ZAG Uncategorized ZMOT
- Got a Broken Car? How to Find an Auto Body Repair Shop You Can TrustIf your car won't start, has a flat tire or is making a funny noise, you need to get it serviced immediately. However, you may not know if you can trust that mechanic around the corner not to rip you off. Let's look at a few different ways that you can find a car repair shop that you can trust. Look for Reviews Online Online reviews may give you an […]Hannah Whittenly
- 4 Tips for Navigating Car Insurance After an AccidentWhen navigating through the car insurance process following an accident on the road, four easy steps must be followed. These strategies are very effective because they simplify the most challenging insurance claim phases. Process a Claim in the Proper Situation A claim should only be processed when the situation is ideal. According to insurance experts, the […]Eileen O'Shanassy
- Post-Crash Caution: 3 Things To Avoid After Any Vehicular AccidentVehicular accidents are unfortunately common, and many people will be involved in several minor fender benders over the course of their lives. You may also be involved in a few more significant accidents that could leave your car totaled and cause serious injury from time to time. If you have been involved in a vehicular accident, it is easy to feel confused […]Brooke Chaplan
- How to Shoot Professional Quality Videos with a SmartphoneWhen dealerships first start their video marketing programs, one of the most common questions I am asked is, "Will I have to buy an expensive camera?" The answer is no. Just about everyone these days has a smartphone that can shoot HD video. When used properly, the quality of video produced can be exceptional. All it takes is practice. Most deal […]Timmy D. James
- Accelerate approval times, increase productivity and CSI with mobile textingMobile texting is a powerful technology. Integrating a texting solution within your automotive business may be the smartest decision you make this year for many a reason. In 2017, texting celebrates its 25th birthday and is a proud leader of the best communication options in the US. Besides being read and answered within moments, it is used across generation […]Thomas F. Jung
- Track The Trucks: 4 Safety Tips To Keep You Safe On The RoadImage Source: Pexels Whether you are taking a road trip, traveling for business or just want to make it to work unharmed, there are several ways that you can stay safe on the road. For example, you may want to carry a charged cell phone with you to call for help if necessary. Road flares or a spare tire may also be helpful in case of emergency.Have Your Car […]Emma Sturgis
- State of Marketing Report Shows Growing Use of Various Channels - Consumer Shift To Positive Reviews!State of Marketing Report Shows Growing Use of Various Channels, Troubles With Message Personalization Salesforce Research has released its 4th annual “State of Marketing” report [download page], surveying the landscape of the evolving function. While the study covers several different areas, one particular takeaway underscores the rate of change, at least i […]Ralph Paglia
- Do You Know How Many Dealers Women Buyers Are Visiting?Industry experts tell us that car buyers go to 1.6 dealerships to buy a vehicle. From the Women-Drivers.com 2017 US Women’s Car Dealership Report, we find that number to be true for half of women car buyers. The other half report a very different answer altogether. An amazing forty-six percent of women car buyers are going to twice the industry average, or 3 […]Anne Fleming
- Which Drivers Can Be Benefitted By Car Insurance?About 1.3 million people die in road accidents every year. There are many reasons behind these accidents but one thing is sure about these accidents that they lead to a great loss. Many deaths also happened by accidents and we have to take some safety measurements for this. We can also find that having car insurance can help a person to get protected in many […]Rahul Paul
- 3 Things That Make a Good LogoThis week on Think Tank Tuesday, Ally & Haley take over to reveal how to make a great logo for your business. What does it take for consumers to remember your name? Watch this week's episode to find out! We’d love to hear what you have to say. Comment below and follow us on Facebook.Website: http://www.ppadv.comFacebook: http://www.facebook.com/Potr […]Paul Potratz
- Sub-Compact Car Values under PressureWelcome to this week's edition of Black Book Market Insights, with in-depth analysis of used car and truck valuation trends and insights straight from the auction lanes. Click here to download the full report. This week’s Black Book Market Insights report shows that small cars continue to feel heavy depreciation, but small crossovers are also feeling la […]Black Book
- Jumpstart Automotive Media May 2017 Share Of Shopper Interest Report All Luxury SUVs/CUVs See Growth, Loyalty to Midsize Sedans Increases for Fifth Consecutive MonthJumpstart Automotive Media, a leading media, insights, and marketing solutions company, today released its share of shopper interest data for the month of May. The report reveals that shopper interest across all luxury SUV/CUV segments is up 2% from April. The report also shows that loyalty to midsize sedans is strong (49% of midsize sedan shoppers are exclu […]John Sternal
- Worst Social Media Advice Ever GivenWorst Social Media Advice and Tips Ever Given A couple of years ago, Susanna Gebauer was a total social media fool. I mean, she registered on Facebook because her brother Jonathan and her founded an online based company – everybody was already there and talking, and she did not know how it all worked. She got a personal Twitter account to give their newly cr […]Ralph Paglia
- Reviver Expands Leadership Team: Names Fabrice Barbier COOGoPro veteran brings decades of senior level expertise in consumer products strategy, design, R&D and engineering to his role at Reviver, creators of the digital license plate San Francisco, CA - June 20, 2017 – Reviver, creator of the rPlate™, the world’s first digital license plate, today announced that Fabrice Barbier, who served as Senior Vice Presid […]Crystal Hartwell
- The End May Matter More Than The BeginningThe business world – and the automotive industry – has started to see just how important customer experience is to loyalty and retention. New and improved technologies are regularly released that help streamline the buying process and further enhance the customer experience. However, a customer can have an incredible experience in the beginning – perhaps […]Mike Gorun
- CONSUMER INTEREST IN LUXURY SUVS DRIVES INCREASE IN CREDIT DECLINES IN THE SWAPALEASE.COM MARKETPLACESwapalease.com, the nation’s largest car lease marketplace, reports car lease credit applicants registered just a 48.1% approval rate during May, the lowest approval rate tracked by the company dating back to 2014 when the monthly approval ratings began. Company officials pointed to a higher-than-normal influx of applicants looking to take over higher-end […]John Sternal
- The Hidden & Deadly Side of Airbag RecallsBy now, everyone has heard of the fiasco that is the Takata airbag recall. With millions of vehicles affected, many consumers have either had their airbag replaced, or are awaiting parts to do so. These anxious consumers simply want to know that the vehicle is safe to drive. Many of these consumers visit informational websites such as MotorSafety.org and […]Chris Miller
- 5 Reasons Men Should Enhance Their TrucksThere are two major methods of upgrading your truck. One method is to improve its appearance for a cleaner look and more unique design. The other method is to improve the vehicle’s power for a more reliable performance. Overall, you get the most out of everything that makes your truck special. Look over five reasons why it's important to enhance this ve […]Lizzie Weakley
- 4 Ways to Know if Your Car's Muffler Needs ReplacedYour muffler is an important part of your car's exhaust system, but unfortunately, it won't last forever. If you aren't sure if your muffler is reaching the end of its life, here are four things to watch for that will tell you it's time for a replacement. 1. You Hear Loud Noises Your muffler's job is to keep your car from making too […]Dixie Somers
- Tracking InsightKim Clouse has decided to resume work with i Auto Consultants after 7 years. Clouse says "Still all of these charts, graphs, measure this, measure that" As always, I have some questions for everyone. Feel free to tell me what you think. Are we tracking and measuring what we need to measure and track? Or, are we comparing all of this data to what ev […]Kim Clouse
- Got a Broken Car? How to Find an Auto Body Repair Shop You Can Trust
- November 2016
- August 2016
- August 2015
- June 2015
- January 2015
- July 2014
- April 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- August 2008
- Auto Industry Professionals
- Automotive Digital Marketing
- Automotive Management
- Automotive Marketing
- Automotive Product
- Automotive Retail Management
- Automotive Sales
- Automotive Social Media
- Automotive Suppliers
- Automotive Websites
- Best Practices
- Calls to Action
- Car Dealers
- Commercial Vehicles
- Data Analysis
- Dealer Management System
- Dealer Training
- Dealer Website
- Dealers United
- Digital Marketing Strategies Conference
- Dominion Dealer Solutions
- Email Marketing
- Help Wanted
- Internet Sales Manager
- Inventory Photos
- Managed Chat
- Market Research
- Marketing Data
- Marketing Metrics
- Marketing Research
- Mergers and Acduisitions
- Mobile Marketing
- News and politics
- QR Code
- Search Engine Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- String Automotive
- Tax Incentives
- TrueCar – ZAG
- Vehicle Merchandising
- Website Lead Forms
- Women Certified
- Thanks for following! @EsraDems @ViragConsulting @EkeminiObongUd5 1 hour ago
- The latest Car Dealer Group Daily! paper.li/RalphPaglia/13… 1 hour ago
- Thanks for following! @MetropoleGlobal @PGSVManagement @KCoMediaPR 2 hours ago
- Thanks @ChevyCommunity @AMP_LLC @Miami_Honda for being top engaged community members this week :) 3 hours ago
- 9 Advanced Site Design Terms You Should Know - klou.tt/iw9meiyjkznb 4 hours ago
- Office jargon – The 50 phrases we love to hate - klou.tt/cg7dakr42kuy 6 hours ago
- Automotive Social Media Daily is out! paper.li/RalphPaglia/au… #canneslions #emailmarketing 10 hours ago
- Ralph Paglia Car Guy Daily News is out! paper.li/RalphPaglia?ed… Stories via @HarryDouglas @MAJIX @VeniDigiMedia #socialmedia #fintech 16 hours ago
- The latest Automotive Thought Leader Journal! paper.li/RalphPaglia/au… #canneslions #emailmarketing 16 hours ago
- Thanks for following! @StuartTorevell @AceBagans1428 @SadiMaizab 17 hours ago
- Thanks for the retweets this week @AutomotiveAward @Auto_CRM @AutomotiveBiz much appreciated! 19 hours ago
- Thanks for following! @Patriot_Protect @SVAutoShow @manuci32 20 hours ago
- How SEO can help your email marketing and vice versa - klou.tt/17hs4m8oy99wx 21 hours ago
- State of Marketing Report Shows Growing Use of Various Channels - Consumer Shift To Positive Reviews! ow.ly/CLvK50cjQNr 22 hours ago
- The latest Car Dealer Group Daily! paper.li/RalphPaglia/13… #deletegate 1 day ago
- Shocking New Findings Emerge... Consumers More Likely to Share Good Experience in Business Reviews! In a reversal f… lnkd.in/gS2eAdj 1 day ago
- Check out "State of Marketing Report Shows Growing Use of Various Channels " via @ADMcommunity: automotivedigitalmarketing.com/profiles/blogs… 1 day ago
- How The Micro-Yes Sequence Can Help You Generate More Leads and Sales - klou.tt/30r0mxvxl7lr 1 day ago
- Online Marketing News: 139 Instagram Stats, Overweight Online Ads and Content Insights - klou.tt/1g6i4emnqnowf 1 day ago
- Automotive Social Media Daily is out! paper.li/RalphPaglia/au… #canneslions #emailmarketing 1 day ago