Archive for category Facebook
Facebook and Twitter Offer Dealers New Ad Targeting Capabilities – Automotive Digital Marketing Professional Community
For the dominant social networks, the pressure is on. Facebook’s IPO cast a harsh light on its advertising revenue business models, which are not growing as fast as Wall Street had hoped. Twitter, on the other hand, has to prove that it has a business model for driving revenue that scales large enough to keep their doors open.
One way to add value to what is offered to advertisers and thus gain more ad dollars is to ramp up ad targeting, which both companies have done over the past few months. But while Twitter is playing it safe, Facebook is pushing the envelope with new tools, including corporate data base “Match-Back” services that could deliver the exact automotive consumers your dealership is looking for… But, could also bring the web equivalent of junk mail to your Facebook page.
Most Americans are accustomed to the rules of engagement for direct mail, which is very much an offline practice. (Subscribe to a new magazine? Don’t be surprised to see a raft of offers for credit cards in your mailbox.) But Facebook is allowing its big advertisers, including car companies and dealer groups to match the email addresses and phone numbers they’ve collected with Facebook profiles matching that data.
The move raises a number of privacy questions. When a consumer gives an email address or number to a marketer, there’s the expectation he will get communication from the brand. But what about when it comes to Facebook? “I don’t think anyone who has given an email and phone number to Facebook expected it to be used by Tide to target ads at them,” said Alan Chapell, an attorney who consults with ad-tech companies on privacy policies.
Facebook says it’s giving users two opportunities to opt out. First, a marketer must ask permission from customers to reach them on Facebook. Second, users can opt out by clicking a box on the ads themselves.
Twitter’s gentler approach
Twitter, which described its new targeting option as the biggest change to its ad capabilities since they were first introduced, is taking a more cautious approach. Twitter’s interest targeting includes 350 prepackaged categories, from the broad “pets” or “films” to more niche subcategories like “documentaries” and “Bollywood.”
The categories are not created from the content of tweets themselves, but from user actions on Twitter such as retweets and favorites, and whom users follow. If you follow Anthony Bourdain, for example, that’s a clue that you’re a foodie.
Unlike Facebook, Twitter is intrinsically public and users have no expectation of privacy. Yet Twitter’s approach to targeting is likely to be perceived as less invasive than, say, Google’s mining of search data or Gmail. “We have always been thoughtful and deliberate in how we roll out our advertising products and features,” a spokeswoman said in a statement. “This certainly applies to targeting as well.”
One could also argue that users have higher switching costs since many have spent years accumulating connections, photos and apps. That’s why we predict it will keep pushing the envelope until the scope of its business matches the ubiquity of its user base, and why the ad targeting has only just begun.
Facebook Infographic Source:
Twitter Infographic Source:
Guy Kawasaki and Infographic Showcase
Posted by Ralph Paglia in Automotive Digital Marketing, Automotive Marketing, Automotive Retail Management, Automotive Sales, Automotive Social Media, Best Practices, Car Dealers, Data Analysis, Dealer Training, Facebook, Google, Market Research, Marketing Research, Social Marketing on June 18, 2013
There are many dealers who have strong criticisms regarding Edmunds.com, but regardless of whether you consider Edmunds an asset or a liability to the retail auto industry there is little debate about their unique position within the vehicle buying process for many millions of automotive consumers…
The stark reality for car dealers seeking greater understanding of how car buyers shop online in 2013 is that Edmunds.com has the ability to paint a vivid portrait of today’s online car shopper… Which includes 9 out of 10 new and used vehicle buyers!
About 18 million visitors use the Edmunds.com site every month to shop for their next new or used car, and this gives the Edmunds team an unparalleled insight into the car buyer’s research and shopping process. For as many years as I can remember, Edmunds has used the online automotive consumer activity to generate extensive research data and analysis to drive the sort of car buying insights that would establish itself as one of the more valuable resources for car companies and dealers to better understand car shopping and the way buyers use automotive information. Historically, Edmunds has made the analysis and insights available to their business partners and to the public through academic inquiries and media requests. However, Edmunds has not previously assembled together the complete volume of current time period data and the analysis and insights gleaned in one coherent piece.
By publishing and making available the 2013 Edmunds.com Car Shopping Trends Report, they have provided the auto industry and especially dealers and automotive marketers with a true gem of a document. The report which ADM Professional Community members can download using the link at the bottom of this blog post, shows the results of extensive data mining within the Edmunds.com’s extensive database to reveal the most relevant car shopping and purchasing trends in America today. These trends offer direct clues toward ways that the automotive industry can move forward by empowering a more engaging car shopping experience.
Throughout the 2013 Edmunds.com Car Shopping Trends Report, you’ll also find references to a 2011 survey conducted by “Added Value” on behalf of Edmunds.com that asked 2,476 online car shoppers representing the U.S. car shopper population to describe their expectations for their next car purchase. Edmunds correlated these responses to real-world buying data to see if shopper expectations match reality. In preparing their analysis and conclusions, the Edmunds market research team found many striking consistencies between the two sets of market research data. These surprisingly strong correlations between the two reports suggest that car shoppers have a strong sense of the automotive marketplace and that they know how to set reasonable expectations around price, availability and product performance.
By evaluating this wealth of data provided by the Edmunds team, you will find a story about car shoppers that is often surprising and counter-intuitive to many dealers and automotive professionals. While at other times, the Edmunds data reinforces critical theories held by car dealers, automotive sales professionals and throughout the auto industry. Some of the key findings in the 2013 Edmunds.com Car Shopping Trends Report include:
- Two out of every three car shoppers consider themselves highly engaged in the car shopping process, and they turn to a variety of information to help them decide on a new or used car. Time spent on Edmunds.com is up 2 percent from 2011 to 2012. And the most-viewed elements by new car shoppers on Edmunds.com are reviews, pricing information and photos.
- Mobile access is becoming a powerful tool for car buyers. Traffic to Edmunds.com’s mobile site spikes on the weekends – and especially on Saturdays – when the bulk of car buying takes place.
- Shoppers are very good at anticipating how much they’ll pay for a new car. New car shoppers told us in 2011 that they plan to spend $30,500, on average, for their next vehicle. In fact the average transaction price for a new car the following year was $30,803.
- The average age of a new car buyer is about four years older than the average age of a used car buyer.
- Shoppers are turning to leases now more than ever. And the difference between the average monthly lease payment ($433) and the average monthly finance payment ($468) is greater than at any time since Edmunds.com started keeping records.
- About 44 percent of all trade-in vehicles last year went toward a new car by the same brand, which is consistent with our 2011 survey that found that 49 percent of shoppers say they “plan to stick with a brand that has worked in the past.”
- Luxury car owners and shoppers are buying and considering more nonluxury cars. The trend speaks to the improved quality of non-luxury vehicles.
- Many shoppers say they want just the basics in a new car, but emotions can drive buyers to add options. New car buyers are willing to spend an average of $2,200 – or about seven percent – above base model and trim prices to add more options on their cars.
The Edmunds.com’s 2013 Car Shopping Trends Report is intended to be a free resource for ADM Professional Community members who are interested in creating a better car buying experience. This is just the first in a series of reports that the Edmunds Research team hopes will shed more light on car shopping behavior. The team intends these findings to open up a dialogue which will contribute to the ongoing improvements within the automotive retail industry. They also want to encourage ADM Professional Community members to contact Edmunds at any time to discuss more ways that Edmunds.com can help you better understand today’s car shopper.
Here is a link to download a PDF version of the Edmunds.com’s 2013 Car Shopping Trends Report: http://static.ed.edmunds-media.com/unversioned/img/industry-center/…
Edmunds Points of Contact
For Dealer Inquiries: 855-EDMUNDS
For Press Inquiries:
Edmunds Annual New Vehicle Sales Forecast for 2013 and Historical Actual Sales:
- Edmunds Trawls for Car Buyers in Social
- Edmunds 2013 Car Shopping Trends Report
- Website Allows Car Shoppers to Survey Real Prices
- Edmunds.com exec: Car buying should be more like Amazon.com
- The Next Amazon: Edmunds.com?
- Contact at Once! Tells Dealers: Choose Your Chat Provider Wisely
- Competitive Advantage: Professional Networking for Car Dealers
- Internet Marketing Tree of Priorities for Car Dealers
- Digital Marketing Infographic Shows Priorities for Car Dealers
- Polk And Datalogix Extend Exclusive Digital Automotive Partnership Through 2016
You are currently browsing the archives for the Facebook category.
October 2017 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category CloudAdvertising AutoCon AutoConnections Auto Industry Professionals Automotive Digital Marketing Automotive Management Automotive Marketing Automotive Retail Management Automotive Sales Automotive Social Media Automotive Suppliers Automotive Websites Best Practices Car Dealers Conference CRM Data Analysis Dealer Training Email Marketing Google Internet Sales Manager Marketing Data Marketing Research Mobile Marketing SEO Social Marketing Social Media Marketing TrueCar - ZAG Uncategorized ZMOT
- Bentley 3 Litre 1922 - 27 ~ British To Its BackboneAlmost the archetypal vintage sports car, for Brits at least - and with a badge which effectively guarantees everything that ever left the factory classic status - the first 3 Litre prototype appeared in 1920 although production at the Cricklewood, London factory was delayed for another two years. Barely two years after that, however, the model had won Le Ma […]Philip Michael
- Is Selling A Car More Important Than Preserving A Life?The Future of Used Car Recalls A recent Automotive News report states that one in four vehicles for sale by CarMax has a safety recall that need to be fixed. A separate report by consumer advocate group the Center for Auto Safety places it at 27 percent. Whatever the exact amount, the scandal has proven to be a black eye to the automotive giant CarMax. […]Chris Miller
- Future Is Business Texting: Are You OnboardFuture Is Business Texting: Are You On-board Think of a day without texting. Does it sound impossible? Same is true for your customers too. Based on a survey from Gallup, 68% of millennials accept that they text a lot. Average text sent per individual per day for the US is around 32 messages. Your business might be losing valuable leads if you are not on t […]Vidushi Jain
- Where is Creative Advertising for Car Dealers in Today's Market?Creativity is the once and future foundation of effective dealership advertising... But what effective creativity means in 21st-century dealership advertising is something very different than it was in the second half of the 20th century. It must be elevated above simple advertising to the place where it influences everything you do while leaving long las […]Ralph Paglia
- AutoHook & Clarivoy Join Forces for the Most Action-Packed Dealer Panel of 2017THE DATA DOESN’T LIE: SHOCKING DISCOVERIES IN AUTOMOTIVE ATTRIBUTION Co-Authored by David Metter of AutoHook powered by Urban Science, & Steve White of Clarivoy An unprecedented occurrence has taken place as the automotive industry prepares for the upcoming DrivingSales Executive Summit, October 22nd - 24th, at the Bellagio in Las Vegas. Two vendors, tw […]David Metter
- Jumpstart Automotive Media Path to Purchase Report: Full-Size Luxury Sedans See Shopper Interest Increase; New Lexus LS & Nissan Frontier Drive Additional InterestJumpstart Automotive Media, a leading media, insights, and marketing solutions company, today released its monthly share of shopper interest data. The report reveals that shoppers are showing more interest in vehicle segments such as Full-Size Luxury Sedans, and soon-to-be-released models are generating excitement among shoppers. During September, shopper in […]John Sternal
- BLACK BOOK DELIVERS PRECISE VALUATION DATA TO AUTOALERT SOFTWAREBlack Book, a division of Hearst Business Media that provides industry-leading used vehicle valuation and residual value forecast solutions, announced today it has signed a partnership agreement with AutoAlert, the industry’s top data-mining and communication solution. Under the agreement, Black Book will populate AutoAlert’s algorithms with the industry’s m […]Black Book
- PERQ Joins CDK Global Partner ProgramSpecialists in online guided shopping and consumer engagement to participate in largest third-party partner program in the industry Indianapolis, IN – October 19, 2017 – PERQ, specialists in online guided shopping and consumer engagement, today announced that the company is a participant in the CDK Global Partner Program. As a member of the largest third-par […]Crystal Hartwell
- Are You Throwing Customers Away Due to Lack of Communication Channels?I was recently in need of a moving company. There was one in my community that had done such a great job of branding and building consumer awareness that I decided to give them first shot at my business. I WANTED to do business with them because of their brilliant marketing. When I was ready to pull the trigger, I Googled their business name and went to […]Timmy D. James
- How Can You Increase Your Sales to Women?One Size Fits All No Longer Applies According to the NADA, new vehicle revenue in 2016 was $995 billion, and sales to women accounted for $445 billion of that revenue at new car dealerships. With women buying 4.5 of every 10 cars, how can you increase your sales to women by 7% to 10%? Ten years ago, the ad spend was all in traditional venues like newspape […]Anne Fleming
- Seven Critical Components Essential to Car Dealership Digital Marketing Strategy7 Protocols Digital Marketing Empowered Dealers Follow For Success Digital marketing is the present and future of the Auto Industry! Car Dealers have begun to embrace digital marketing, and separating themselves and their budgets from the traditional marketing methods, simply because automotive digital marketing works better and more effectively. Dealers m […]Ralph Paglia
- 4 Tips To Get The Best Window Tint Film For CarsBe it the car windows or the home glasses, plain windows and doors are something you cannot keep the way it is. The tint films possess a plethora of benefits. The beautiful appearance, sunblock properties and whatnot advantages it holds. Especially when it is about the car windows the list of merits goes on and on. However, to avail the benefits of all its a […]Rahul Paul
- Antitrust Lawsuit Against Reynolds and CDK Picks Up SteamCDK, Reynolds lawsuit will proceed Court prevents auto industry giants from starving rival Authenticom out of business Authenticom's antitrust lawsuit against the two largest dealership management system (DMS) providers by market share, CDK Global Inc. and Reynolds and Reynolds Co. will be able continue, now that a preliminary injunction assures the dat […]Ralph Paglia
- 5 Things to Check or Do Before Fall Driving WeatherThe weather is changing, and your car needs some TLC. You already know that you need to check the oil and have it replaced regularly, but during the colder months, other maintenance issues need to be done. Check the Antifreeze One of the first things you need to check is your coolant or antifreeze levels. You should never open the cap on the radiator while t […]Dixie Somers
- Luxury Cars and SUVs Experience Higher Depreciation RateWelcome to this week's edition of Black Book Market Insights, with in-depth analysis of used car and truck valuation trends and insights straight from the auction lanes. Click here to download the full report. This week’s Black Book Market Insights report offers insight into last week's vehicle retention trends, where a handful of truck segments sh […]Black Book
- Clarivoy Launches Measurement NetworkTM for Marketing Vendors; Partners with Dealer Inspire80% of a Dealership’s Sales cannot be linked back to a Lead New Tools for Marketing Vendors Solve this Problem Columbus, OH, October 17, 2017-- Clarivoy, the auto industry’s most trusted source of truth for optimizing the performance of marketing campaigns, today announced the launch of its Measurement NetworkTM. Designed specifically for marketing vend […]Steve White
- Does your Dealership Have a Retention Problem?The automotive industry, in general, has an employee retention problem. A BIG one. And especially big in dealership’s sales departments. Sure, there are exceptions. However, NADA reports that sales turnover in dealerships averages 70 percent. That’s a lot! I’m sure that dealerships would rather not have this issue -- so why is it happening? Well, an artic […]Mike Gorun
- How to Convince Online Shoppers to Buy Your Vehicle Vs. the CompetitionHow do you convince a customer searching through hundreds of vehicles on a third-party listing service that your vehicle is priced higher because it is a better value? The answer: Great vehicle merchandising. As an industry we understand the value of images when it comes to inventory merchandising. We’ve progressed from the days of no photos, to a coup […]Devin Daly
- Six Social Media Statistics From Digital Airstrike That Will Scare You!6 Spooky Social Media Statistics From Digital Airstrike That Will Scare Most Business Owners We live in a world of ratings and reviews. It is the virtual word of mouth, only much more powerful. In fact, 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations. Almost everything we do is preceded by checking a rating or review. We go to we […]Ralph Paglia
- Are Electric Trucks the Future of Transportation?Carbon emissions remain a key concern across the globe today. Motor vehicles are one major area of conflict, contributing to man’s carbon footprint on a daily basis. Electric cars are touted as a greener alternative to mainstream fuel-based models, but what about the trucks countless businesses depend upon to transport their goods? A recent study by McKins […]Thomas Lee
- Bentley 3 Litre 1922 - 27 ~ British To Its Backbone
- November 2016
- August 2016
- August 2015
- June 2015
- January 2015
- July 2014
- April 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- August 2008
- Auto Industry Professionals
- Automotive Digital Marketing
- Automotive Management
- Automotive Marketing
- Automotive Product
- Automotive Retail Management
- Automotive Sales
- Automotive Social Media
- Automotive Suppliers
- Automotive Websites
- Best Practices
- Calls to Action
- Car Dealers
- Commercial Vehicles
- Data Analysis
- Dealer Management System
- Dealer Training
- Dealer Website
- Dealers United
- Digital Marketing Strategies Conference
- Dominion Dealer Solutions
- Email Marketing
- Help Wanted
- Internet Sales Manager
- Inventory Photos
- Managed Chat
- Market Research
- Marketing Data
- Marketing Metrics
- Marketing Research
- Mergers and Acduisitions
- Mobile Marketing
- News and politics
- QR Code
- Search Engine Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- String Automotive
- Tax Incentives
- TrueCar – ZAG
- Vehicle Merchandising
- Website Lead Forms
- Women Certified
- Automotive Social Media Daily is out! paper.li/RalphPaglia/au… #iot #news 3 hours ago
- #TravelLikeRalph (at @CityofLasVegas in NV) swarmapp.com/c/jZqsFQVdyvf 6 hours ago
- I'm at Courtyard Las Vegas Summerlin - @courtyardhotels in Las Vegas, NV swarmapp.com/c/0fkt4Ti5fe2 6 hours ago
- Ralph Paglia Car Guy Daily News is out! paper.li/RalphPaglia?ed… Stories via @Mopar_Mania_NH #socialmedia #marketing 8 hours ago
- The latest Automotive Thought Leader Journal! paper.li/RalphPaglia/au… Thanks to @CarChickMWB #iot #news 9 hours ago
- #TravelLikeRalph (@ Courtyard Las Vegas Summerlin - @courtyardhotels in Las Vegas, NV) swarmapp.com/c/cKRP91BhPe2 13 hours ago
- JEWEL Nightclub on #Yelp: I enjoyed this nightclub while attending a Digital Dealer Conference. Had a great time, b… yelp.com/biz/jewel-nigh… 13 hours ago
- Courtyard by Marriott Las Vegas Summerlin on #Yelp: This may be my favorite Courtyard by Marriott... I've stayed he… yelp.com/biz/courtyard-… 13 hours ago
- #TravelLikeRalph (@ Courtyard by Marriott Las Vegas Summerlin) #Yelp #Yelfie yelp.com/biz/courtyard-… https://t.co/7RmqCiKaOP 13 hours ago
- What is Google AdWords? Learn How AdWords Work - klou.tt/cixs913ah89m 16 hours ago
- The latest Car Dealer Group Daily! paper.li/RalphPaglia/13… 18 hours ago
- FREE Google Adwords Consultation - Google Adwords and Google Shopping Professional - klou.tt/adp4x4enc6d7 21 hours ago
- 7 Savvy Tips To Double Your Google AdWords Conversions - klou.tt/a9xlpu086z12 22 hours ago
- I'm at Little Mexico - @lizardkingg420 in Las Vegas, NV swarmapp.com/c/aQ11mCb0Z9x 1 day ago
- Automotive Social Media Daily is out! paper.li/RalphPaglia/au… #news #tech 1 day ago
- Ralph Paglia Car Guy Daily News is out! paper.li/RalphPaglia?ed… Stories via @tgrdug @extremewrench @WomeninTechChat #ad #news 1 day ago
- RT @NetsertiveAuto: 2 min. #survey: Dealers, we want to hear from you! What are your holiday marketing plans? bit.ly/2xSQZxx @Ralp… 1 day ago
- The latest Automotive Thought Leader Journal! paper.li/RalphPaglia/au… #news #tech 1 day ago
- Google Adwords Best Practices by Jacob Baadsgaard - klou.tt/sguwnu6a4i4h 1 day ago
- The latest Car Dealer Group Daily! paper.li/RalphPaglia/13… 1 day ago