Archive for category Facebook
Facebook and Twitter Offer Dealers New Ad Targeting Capabilities – Automotive Digital Marketing Professional Community
For the dominant social networks, the pressure is on. Facebook’s IPO cast a harsh light on its advertising revenue business models, which are not growing as fast as Wall Street had hoped. Twitter, on the other hand, has to prove that it has a business model for driving revenue that scales large enough to keep their doors open.
One way to add value to what is offered to advertisers and thus gain more ad dollars is to ramp up ad targeting, which both companies have done over the past few months. But while Twitter is playing it safe, Facebook is pushing the envelope with new tools, including corporate data base “Match-Back” services that could deliver the exact automotive consumers your dealership is looking for… But, could also bring the web equivalent of junk mail to your Facebook page.
Most Americans are accustomed to the rules of engagement for direct mail, which is very much an offline practice. (Subscribe to a new magazine? Don’t be surprised to see a raft of offers for credit cards in your mailbox.) But Facebook is allowing its big advertisers, including car companies and dealer groups to match the email addresses and phone numbers they’ve collected with Facebook profiles matching that data.
The move raises a number of privacy questions. When a consumer gives an email address or number to a marketer, there’s the expectation he will get communication from the brand. But what about when it comes to Facebook? “I don’t think anyone who has given an email and phone number to Facebook expected it to be used by Tide to target ads at them,” said Alan Chapell, an attorney who consults with ad-tech companies on privacy policies.
Facebook says it’s giving users two opportunities to opt out. First, a marketer must ask permission from customers to reach them on Facebook. Second, users can opt out by clicking a box on the ads themselves.
Twitter’s gentler approach
Twitter, which described its new targeting option as the biggest change to its ad capabilities since they were first introduced, is taking a more cautious approach. Twitter’s interest targeting includes 350 prepackaged categories, from the broad “pets” or “films” to more niche subcategories like “documentaries” and “Bollywood.”
The categories are not created from the content of tweets themselves, but from user actions on Twitter such as retweets and favorites, and whom users follow. If you follow Anthony Bourdain, for example, that’s a clue that you’re a foodie.
Unlike Facebook, Twitter is intrinsically public and users have no expectation of privacy. Yet Twitter’s approach to targeting is likely to be perceived as less invasive than, say, Google’s mining of search data or Gmail. “We have always been thoughtful and deliberate in how we roll out our advertising products and features,” a spokeswoman said in a statement. “This certainly applies to targeting as well.”
One could also argue that users have higher switching costs since many have spent years accumulating connections, photos and apps. That’s why we predict it will keep pushing the envelope until the scope of its business matches the ubiquity of its user base, and why the ad targeting has only just begun.
Facebook Infographic Source:
Twitter Infographic Source:
Guy Kawasaki and Infographic Showcase
Posted by Ralph Paglia in Automotive Digital Marketing, Automotive Marketing, Automotive Retail Management, Automotive Sales, Automotive Social Media, Best Practices, Car Dealers, Data Analysis, Dealer Training, Facebook, Google, Market Research, Marketing Research, Social Marketing on June 18, 2013
There are many dealers who have strong criticisms regarding Edmunds.com, but regardless of whether you consider Edmunds an asset or a liability to the retail auto industry there is little debate about their unique position within the vehicle buying process for many millions of automotive consumers…
The stark reality for car dealers seeking greater understanding of how car buyers shop online in 2013 is that Edmunds.com has the ability to paint a vivid portrait of today’s online car shopper… Which includes 9 out of 10 new and used vehicle buyers!
About 18 million visitors use the Edmunds.com site every month to shop for their next new or used car, and this gives the Edmunds team an unparalleled insight into the car buyer’s research and shopping process. For as many years as I can remember, Edmunds has used the online automotive consumer activity to generate extensive research data and analysis to drive the sort of car buying insights that would establish itself as one of the more valuable resources for car companies and dealers to better understand car shopping and the way buyers use automotive information. Historically, Edmunds has made the analysis and insights available to their business partners and to the public through academic inquiries and media requests. However, Edmunds has not previously assembled together the complete volume of current time period data and the analysis and insights gleaned in one coherent piece.
By publishing and making available the 2013 Edmunds.com Car Shopping Trends Report, they have provided the auto industry and especially dealers and automotive marketers with a true gem of a document. The report which ADM Professional Community members can download using the link at the bottom of this blog post, shows the results of extensive data mining within the Edmunds.com’s extensive database to reveal the most relevant car shopping and purchasing trends in America today. These trends offer direct clues toward ways that the automotive industry can move forward by empowering a more engaging car shopping experience.
Throughout the 2013 Edmunds.com Car Shopping Trends Report, you’ll also find references to a 2011 survey conducted by “Added Value” on behalf of Edmunds.com that asked 2,476 online car shoppers representing the U.S. car shopper population to describe their expectations for their next car purchase. Edmunds correlated these responses to real-world buying data to see if shopper expectations match reality. In preparing their analysis and conclusions, the Edmunds market research team found many striking consistencies between the two sets of market research data. These surprisingly strong correlations between the two reports suggest that car shoppers have a strong sense of the automotive marketplace and that they know how to set reasonable expectations around price, availability and product performance.
By evaluating this wealth of data provided by the Edmunds team, you will find a story about car shoppers that is often surprising and counter-intuitive to many dealers and automotive professionals. While at other times, the Edmunds data reinforces critical theories held by car dealers, automotive sales professionals and throughout the auto industry. Some of the key findings in the 2013 Edmunds.com Car Shopping Trends Report include:
- Two out of every three car shoppers consider themselves highly engaged in the car shopping process, and they turn to a variety of information to help them decide on a new or used car. Time spent on Edmunds.com is up 2 percent from 2011 to 2012. And the most-viewed elements by new car shoppers on Edmunds.com are reviews, pricing information and photos.
- Mobile access is becoming a powerful tool for car buyers. Traffic to Edmunds.com’s mobile site spikes on the weekends – and especially on Saturdays – when the bulk of car buying takes place.
- Shoppers are very good at anticipating how much they’ll pay for a new car. New car shoppers told us in 2011 that they plan to spend $30,500, on average, for their next vehicle. In fact the average transaction price for a new car the following year was $30,803.
- The average age of a new car buyer is about four years older than the average age of a used car buyer.
- Shoppers are turning to leases now more than ever. And the difference between the average monthly lease payment ($433) and the average monthly finance payment ($468) is greater than at any time since Edmunds.com started keeping records.
- About 44 percent of all trade-in vehicles last year went toward a new car by the same brand, which is consistent with our 2011 survey that found that 49 percent of shoppers say they “plan to stick with a brand that has worked in the past.”
- Luxury car owners and shoppers are buying and considering more nonluxury cars. The trend speaks to the improved quality of non-luxury vehicles.
- Many shoppers say they want just the basics in a new car, but emotions can drive buyers to add options. New car buyers are willing to spend an average of $2,200 – or about seven percent – above base model and trim prices to add more options on their cars.
The Edmunds.com’s 2013 Car Shopping Trends Report is intended to be a free resource for ADM Professional Community members who are interested in creating a better car buying experience. This is just the first in a series of reports that the Edmunds Research team hopes will shed more light on car shopping behavior. The team intends these findings to open up a dialogue which will contribute to the ongoing improvements within the automotive retail industry. They also want to encourage ADM Professional Community members to contact Edmunds at any time to discuss more ways that Edmunds.com can help you better understand today’s car shopper.
Here is a link to download a PDF version of the Edmunds.com’s 2013 Car Shopping Trends Report: http://static.ed.edmunds-media.com/unversioned/img/industry-center/…
Edmunds Points of Contact
For Dealer Inquiries: 855-EDMUNDS
For Press Inquiries:
Edmunds Annual New Vehicle Sales Forecast for 2013 and Historical Actual Sales:
- Edmunds Trawls for Car Buyers in Social
- Edmunds 2013 Car Shopping Trends Report
- Website Allows Car Shoppers to Survey Real Prices
- Edmunds.com exec: Car buying should be more like Amazon.com
- The Next Amazon: Edmunds.com?
- Contact at Once! Tells Dealers: Choose Your Chat Provider Wisely
- Competitive Advantage: Professional Networking for Car Dealers
- Internet Marketing Tree of Priorities for Car Dealers
- Digital Marketing Infographic Shows Priorities for Car Dealers
- Polk And Datalogix Extend Exclusive Digital Automotive Partnership Through 2016
You are currently browsing the archives for the Facebook category.
December 2017 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category CloudAdvertising AutoCon AutoConnections Auto Industry Professionals Automotive Digital Marketing Automotive Management Automotive Marketing Automotive Retail Management Automotive Sales Automotive Social Media Automotive Suppliers Automotive Websites Best Practices Car Dealers Conference CRM Data Analysis Dealer Training Email Marketing Google Internet Sales Manager Marketing Data Marketing Research Mobile Marketing SEO Social Marketing Social Media Marketing TrueCar - ZAG Uncategorized ZMOT
- Moving up: 4 Tips for Relocating Your Business to a Bigger BuildingThe United States Census Bureau estimates that 40 million Americans relocate every year. Among such numbers are dozens of companies that, for various reasons, decide to move to a different location. Sometimes a business grows out of its facility and, hence, finds the need to acquire more space. Companies are also forced to move for downsizing purposes when c […]Kara Masterson
- 8 Extremely Interesting Pros And Cons Of Self-Driving CarsAre you going to be one of the first to jump into a self-driving car once they hit the road? It must be tempting because they offer so many benefits. Once they're released en masse I doubt life on our roads will ever be the same again. Unfortunately, they are just like any other invention designed to change the world. They'll come with plenty of do […]Bill Gordon
- VW Executive Gets 7 Years in Club Fed and $400K FineVW executive Schmidt gets 7 years, $400K fine for U.S. emissions violations Schmidt spearheaded the efforts to conceal the emissions cheating Oliver Schmidt will serve seven years, including the 11 months he has been in jail during the trial. Oliver Schmidt, the former high-ranking executive who spearheaded Volkswagen's multiyear efforts to keep its con […]Ralph Paglia
- Cashyourcaruae; the Most Trusted Car Dealers in DubaiIntroduction Many people are having challenges in finding the best car dealers in Dubai. Many companies claim to offers best deals, but Cashyourcaruae has beaten them all. This company has employed highly trained and experienced staff who ensure clients get unmatched services when it comes to used car deals. The company has specialized in buying used cars fr […]Mike KO
- Research That Should Precede Every Auto Auction in Your City"I'd like to see the auction extended all night and into the next day.” ~ Wes Lane, former Oklahoma County prosecutor Auto auctions offer an amazing way to sell or buy your favorite automobile. This is especially so if you wish to purchase a vehicle without having to pay a hefty cost. Although auto auctions are held at regular intervals in most cou […]SalvageBid, LLC.
- UK Car Production Down: Brexit Uncertainty Cited as a CauseUK car production was down 4% in September, the probable cause being given as Brexit uncertainty. This was in spite of a general growth in Britain’s manufacturing industry. The Markit/CIPS purchasing managers’ index (PMI) for July, August and September were 55.3, 56.9 and 55.9 respectively. While September’s figure was 0.886% down on the forecast PMI, any fi […]Robert Martin
- Market Research as a Wickedly Successful Biz Dev Tool: 6 Steps to Reach the Decision MakerMost people think of research as a means to validate product or business concepts, to determine market opportunities, or for competitive differentiation. But most overlook it as a way to win new business. Here is a proven process to do exactly that. This approach has been refined and validated in over 20 years of practice. It’s not theory and has been util […]Kevin Root
- 5 Great Car Choices for Any SeasonNot everyone is fortunate enough to live in a place where the climate is usually temperate. For those who live in four-season zones, driving can become hazardous during the rainy spring and autumn months and the slick and snowy winter. That’s why having a safe and reliable vehicle to drive is important. While you don’t have to compromise on fun, you can cert […]Dixie Somers
- Social Listening & Quick Action = Video Marketing Gold!All too often marketers find themselves with writer’s block, if you will, when it comes to new ideas. Short of spending a ton of money for an ad agency, businesses can still find opportunities to insert themselves into trending stories for little money… IF they act quickly. Case in point: On Nov. 2, 2017, a young aspiring videographer decided to use the p […]Timmy D. James
- Claim and Recover Stolen Funds Sent by Western Union Thanks to the Department of JusticeRecover Money Sent by Western Union, Thanks to the Department of Justice With such a wide range of years covered, any person or dealership that had money stolen via sending a Western Union Money Transfer can get the stolen money returned by participating in the Western Union Remission program. It's actually pretty easy, when you use the website, the DOJ […]Ralph Paglia
- How BlueHost can cater to all your hosting needs?Introduction Nowadays, it is essential to have your presence online, especially if your business is small. As more and more people get convinced, having a site for your organization or even the personal website is the best idea. To help yourself get launched in the vastness of the web, there comes the hosting company that is above the rest. It is called Blue […]LeeJ
- 8 Takeaways From My Recent Used Car Shopping and Purchasing ExperienceIt's been a while since I last experienced shopping for a vehicle. And I have to say, it's nice being in the driver's seat, seeing things from a consumer's perspective. My wife Christine and I just bought a pre-owned 2014 Honda Pilot to replace her 2013 Honda Accord that had been totaled by a drunk driver a few weeks ago. She was stopped […]Christopher Bouchard
- Behavior Economics in 2018 | Increase Sales to Women by $2 MillionAs we gear up for 2018, we’re providing you with a powerful white paper. While everyone knows the power of women buyers, are you aware of how women are impacting your business? What percentage of your business is generated by women? What percentage of your leads are generated by women? What percentage of your service drive business is generated by women? […]Anne Fleming
- US Car Dealers Defy Predictions and Set November Sales RecordsU.S. auto sales, behind strong results at Nissan, Ford and Honda, rose 1.4 percent in November in what turned out to be a solid month that exceeded most forecasts and was driven by light-truck demand and fatter deals. It is only the second month this year that light-vehicle sales rose year over year. Light truck volume jumped 7.4 percent while car deliveri […]Ralph Paglia
- Jumpstart Automotive Media Path to Purchase Insights: How December Seasonal Promotions Have Impacted Luxury Shopper InterestJumpstart Automotive Media, a leading media, insights, and marketing solutions company, today released new data showing how much of an impact automotive holiday advertising and promotions have had on luxury shoppers during the month of December. In analyzing luxury shopper interest trends, December ranked as the second-highest month for luxury brand shopping […]John Sternal
- Recall Masters Helps Dealership Client Prevail in TCPA Recall Communications LawsuitRecall Masters’ Christopher Miller warns auto dealers they could be easy targets for aggressive plaintiffs’ lawyers; offers advice to keep them safe Aliso Viejo, CA, December 5, 2017— Recall Masters, Inc., the leading provider of automotive recall news, data, training, and communications, today announced that it recently helped a large dealership client qu […]Chris Miller
- 4 texting strategies for car dealershipsEverybody is texting. It is 2017 and people text each other more than ever. Why? Because it works. And they will continue to do so, at least according to a 2016 GSMA research which predicts smartphone penetration from 55% in 2016 to 76% by 2020. In fact, messaging has become a favorite means of communication for both consumers and car dealerships. To add […]Thomas F. Jung
- How to fix if the Wrong Page is Ranking in Google?You have a website with plenty of pages. Most SEOs face the problem; You target a page (A) for keyword ‘a’. While searching for keyword ‘a’, another page appears in the search results that is notthe A-targeted one, rather a diiferent page AA is ranking for keyword ‘a’, which you are not intentionally targeting. For example, for one of my website, keyword is […]Himanshu Dixit
- Fully Loaded: How Your Car’s Extra Features Can Help You in CourtA car accident can be a devastating event to experience. It may result in emotional and physical trauma as well as the inconvenience and cost of vehicle repairs. In addition, you may even be taken to court for a personal injury lawsuit if the other driver, pedestrian or bicyclist claims that you caused the accident. Hiring a personal injury lawyer may be nec […]Brooke Chaplan
- Car Care: 5 Automotive Care Tips to Keep Your Vehicle in Good ShapeCar ownership has been associated with the American dream for years, and achieving this goal is quite exciting. Still, buying a new car does not end when you sign the papers. The following are five tips that are going to help keep your vehicle in good shape. Tire Pressure The first thing you want to pay attention to is your tire pressure. Cold temperatures t […]Kara Masterson
- Moving up: 4 Tips for Relocating Your Business to a Bigger Building
- November 2016
- August 2016
- August 2015
- June 2015
- January 2015
- July 2014
- April 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- August 2008
- Auto Industry Professionals
- Automotive Digital Marketing
- Automotive Management
- Automotive Marketing
- Automotive Product
- Automotive Retail Management
- Automotive Sales
- Automotive Social Media
- Automotive Suppliers
- Automotive Websites
- Best Practices
- Calls to Action
- Car Dealers
- Commercial Vehicles
- Data Analysis
- Dealer Management System
- Dealer Training
- Dealer Website
- Dealers United
- Digital Marketing Strategies Conference
- Dominion Dealer Solutions
- Email Marketing
- Help Wanted
- Internet Sales Manager
- Inventory Photos
- Managed Chat
- Market Research
- Marketing Data
- Marketing Metrics
- Marketing Research
- Mergers and Acduisitions
- Mobile Marketing
- News and politics
- QR Code
- Search Engine Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- String Automotive
- Tax Incentives
- TrueCar – ZAG
- Vehicle Merchandising
- Website Lead Forms
- Women Certified
- @RobMontoyaAZ @AutomotiveBiz @BostonHonda happy to engage with you this week :) 26 minutes ago
- RT @RitchOnCars: The latest The RitchOnCars Daily! paper.li/RitchOnCars?ed… Thanks to @clarevaleracing @RalphPaglia #morningrushatl #laautos… 1 hour ago
- My #1 Tip For Social Media Marketing In 2017 - klou.tt/1jmu2ko7dqer3 4 hours ago
- Check out "8 Extremely Interesting Pros And Cons Of Self-Driving Cars" via @ADMcommunity: automotivedigitalmarketing.com/profiles/blogs… 7 hours ago
- VW Executive Gets 7 Years in Club Fed and $400K Fine - VW executive Schmidt gets 7 years, $400K fine for U.S. emiss… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- Automotive Social Media Daily is out! paper.li/RalphPaglia/au… Stories via @hasai @joe4pres #virtualreality #marketing 7 hours ago
- Wild Bill is on the money when iy comes to hiring people... Watch the video and gain some insight! lnkd.in/g9gxUrN 9 hours ago
- Check out "Freebie Fridays: Don't Hire The Unicorns with Bill Wittenmyer" via @ADMcommunity: automotivedigitalmarketing.com/video/freebie-… 9 hours ago
- Check out "11 Car Sales Email Templates From Jazel To Boost Your Appointmen" via @ADMcommunity: automotivedigitalmarketing.com/forum/topics/1… 9 hours ago
- Check out "VW Executive Gets 7 Years in Club Fed and $400K Fine" via @ADMcommunity: automotivedigitalmarketing.com/profiles/blogs… 11 hours ago
- My first car was a 1968 Plymouth Road Runner that I bought in 1973… instagram.com/p/BcjZ94zgssoX… 11 hours ago
- @AutomotiveGuys @AutoMrktng @ohiomancor happy to engage with you this week :) 12 hours ago
- Ralph Paglia Car Guy Daily News is out! paper.li/RalphPaglia?ed… Stories via @rollca49 @ReputectSoftwre @VegasBlast #marketing #sales 12 hours ago
- The latest Automotive Thought Leader Journal! paper.li/RalphPaglia/au… Thanks to @mattwatson81 #technology #virtualreality 13 hours ago
- 5 useful image tools to boost your social marketing engagement - klou.tt/x7s1doq50i8r 14 hours ago
- The latest Car Dealer Group Daily! paper.li/RalphPaglia/13… #datascientist #artificialintelligence 22 hours ago
- The secret to how Tesla gets its cars to look so good - klou.tt/170inu1hkskvv 23 hours ago
- Automation Of Your Social Media Marketing - klou.tt/1d5on7dkzuuyy 1 day ago
- Automotive Social Media Daily is out! paper.li/RalphPaglia/au… Stories via @philipzelinger @AnneDGallaher #datascientist #problogslides 1 day ago
- Ralph Paglia Car Guy Daily News is out! paper.li/RalphPaglia?ed… Stories via @michiganbuilt @DOCSOFFICE #leadership #marketing 1 day ago