Archive for category SEO
Posted by Ralph Paglia in Advertising, Automotive Digital Marketing, Automotive Marketing, Automotive Suppliers, Automotive Websites, Best Practices, Car Dealers, Data Analysis, Dealer Training, Dealer Website, Digital Marketing Strategies Conference, Google, Internet Sales Manager, Marketing Data, Marketing Metrics, Marketing Research, SEO, Social Media Marketing, Website Lead Forms on March 12, 2013
by Shaun Kehrberg, Product Marketing Manager, Digital Advertising
Just 12+ more VIN views could mean 44% LESS time on your lot
The verdict is in: if they view the highlights, you’ll view the taillights. In other words, the more car shoppers engage with your Vehicle Details Pages (VDPs), the quicker your cars will move off your lot— and that’s a fact.
Based on an eight month study of 9 million VDP’s, 125 million website visits, and 250 million online actions, our automotive consumer research conclusively shows that:
VDP views and time spent on VDP’s are 2 of the top 4 online sales predictors
VDP’s with 20-30 pageviews spend 29% less time on the lot
VDP’s with more than 30 pageviews spend 44% less time on the lot
So how do you best position your automotive digital marketing strategy to be a VIN factory? We’ll address just that in an all-new Cobalt series: The Down & Dirty on Dynamic Inventory Merchandising. In this series, we’ll tell you how to harness the power of multichannel marketing to turn your dealer website into a VDP hot spot.
Stay tuned for Part 1, when we look at the impact of Dynamic Inventory Merchandising in your dealership’s retargeting ads.
Source: Cobalt Business Intelligence VDP Study, 2012
- Do New Car Photos Really Make a Difference from Stock Photos? – Automotive Marketing Professionals (automotivedigital.me)
- Automotive Digital Marketing – Spread the Word about this Professional Community (admprofessionalcommunity.com)
- ADM Community Ranked 10 of 100 Top Auto Blogs by Independent Source (automotivedigital.me)
- Infographic: Top 100 Automotive Blogs Ranked by Quality of Posts (admprofessionalcommunity.com)
- Independently Ranked List of Top 100 Automotive Blogs and Social Networks (automotivesocialcrm.com)
- Car Dealers Must Respond To Millennials On Social Media – Automotive Digital Marketing Professional Community (automotivesocial.me)
- Automakers Gear Up with 140 Proof Social Ads (prweb.com)
- 2013 Adobe Summit Recap (themorningsocial.com)
Advertising, Automotive, Automotive industry, Automotive Marketing, Automotive Sales, Business, Car Dealer, Car Dealers, Car dealership, Car Dealership Marketing, Dealership Management, Digital marketing, Market Research, Marketing, Marketing and Advertising, User-generated content, Vehicle Identification Number
Automotive Shopper Intensity Report
The Dataium Automotive Shopper Intensity Index (ASI) is a leading indicator of Automotive Retail Sales.
Dataium historical tracking shows that Automotive Retail Sales closely mirror the fluctuations of the ASI. This index serves as an early predictor of the next 30 – 45 days of automotive retail sales.
Despite two major recalls within the past few months, shopping intensity around the Toyota brand remains at an all-time high, with the ASI ranking five Toyota models: the Camry, RAV4, Tacoma, Tundra and Prius in the top 10 for new vehicles.Moreover, the Toyota Camry gained a spot from last month to
rank highest in ASI of all new vehicles.
Similar to September, October introduced many newcomers to the top ten ASI ranking list, including three luxury imports: Acura’s MDX and RDX along with the BMW 328i.
Additionally, in October, the former top ASI ranked auto for the past three months, the Chevrolet Silverado, experienced the largest declines in intensity of all new vehicles, and consequently, fell off the top ten list.
The Honda CRV, which has been consistently ranked in the top ten for new vehicles since July, moved up a spot in October, to rank fourth. Furthermore, despite the lack of manufacturer incentives, the CRV has consistently outperformed the compact SUV market since June.
Eric Brown, Dataium CEO stated, “Import brands continue to dominate consumer interest and show no sign of weakening. This is reflected in continued expansion of their US based production capacity and consistent release of new models that are attracting new consumers in to the market.”
ADM Professional Community Members can download the entire report, including charts and detail by make and model by “right-Clicking” on the following link and selecting “Save File As” or the equivalent: Dataium_Nov_2012_ASI_Report.pdf
- What is Your Dealership’s Strategy for Pricing Vehicles? – Automotive Marketing Professionals
- Efficiency of Dealer Online Advertising Mix Evaluated
- Impact of Hurricane Sandy on Online Automotive Shopping
- The Social Car Sales Daily is out! Edition of 28 November 2012
- Most Researched Cars of the Week: October 28 – November 3, 2012 – Automotive Digital Marketing Professional Community
- Automotive News Interviews Richard Bustillo: “Dealers Get In Your Facebook”
- The Social Car Sales Daily is out! Edition of 23 November 2012
Posted by Ralph Paglia in Automotive Digital Marketing, Automotive Marketing, Automotive Social Media, Conference, Dealer Training, Digital Marketing Strategies Conference, Internet Sales Manager, Search Engine Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, SEO, Social Marketing, Social Media Marketing on November 12, 2012
I wanted to enlist the resources of the ADM community to suggest new workshop topics or keynote speaker topics to enhance the upcoming Digital Marketing Strategies Conference (DMSC).
This will be the third year that DMSC is scheduled just prior to the 2013 NADA Convention in Orlando, Florida from February 5-7th.
This gives dealers the ability to attend two great conferences with one trip out of the dealership.
DMSC is an intimate learning environment that focuses on winning strategies and the processes to create change for the upcoming business year. With dealership attendance limited to 250 people, the workshops will provide that one-on-one feeling that has made DMSC a top conference destination each year!
A number of top speakers have confirmed their participation at DMSC and with only a few speaking slots remaining, I would like the ADM community to share what is IMPORTANT for their dealership in 2013.
What are the strategies and/or processes you are considering implementing in the year ahead? How can DMSC help you make the right decisions for 2013?
Confirmed Speakers – Alphabetical Order
First Class Educators (FCE) who hosts DMSC each year, has confirmed the following speakers for the Orlando conference:
- AJ LeBlanc
- Ali Amirrezvani
- Brian Pasch
- Carlton van Putten
- Chris Reed
- Craig Lockerd
- Dave Page
- David Kain
- David Metter
- Glenn Pasch
- Jamie Oldershaw
- Jared Rowe
- Jerry Thibeau
- Jim Flint
- Joe Webb
- Julio Gonzalez
- Marc McGurren
- Patrick Workman
- Peter Leto
- Ralph Paglia
- Shuan Weissman
- Stan Sher
- Thomas Gage
So what do you want to know, learn, confirm? This is your chance, as a member of the ADM community to make your voice heard and impact the direction of an upcoming conference. Add your feedback in the comments below.
I hope to see many ADM members at DMSC, and you can register for the conference by visiting the official conference website at: http://www.DigitalMarketingStrategies.org.
Ralph Paglia, founder of the ADM community, will be doing a three part workshop series this year at DMSC, which you will not want to miss!
- Facebook and Twitter Launch New Ad Targeting Tools for Car Dealers
- ADM Professionals Asked To Recommend DMSC Speakers and Topics
- ADM Professionals Asked To Recommend DMSC Speakers and Topics
- ADM Professionals Asked To Recommend DMSC Speakers and Topics
- Content Marketing Comprehensive Guidelines and Tactics for Car Dealers – Automotive Marketing
- Social Media Marketing Strategy: Defining the Functional Requirements for Car Dealers – Automotive Digital Marketing Professional Community
- ADM Professionals Asked To Recommend DMSC Speakers and Topics
- Latest Google Car Shopper Research Impacts Dealer Marketing Strategies – Automotive Digital Marketing Professional Community
- ADM Professional Network Visitor Metrics – Two Year Aggregate Summary – Automotive Marketing
- Facebook and Twitter Launch New Ad Targeting Tools for Car Dealers
I have been a proponent of “Hub and Spoke” and “Content Marketing” components within automotive digital marketing strategy for many years and have written, published and created entire teams of people to deliver what is essential a hub and spoke social media marketing strategy. HOWEVER, I may be in disagreement with several points in this article and the comments made beneath it… Or, at least having a different perspective.
Because most dealership websites are provided by Cobalt (an ADP Company), Dealer.com, Clickmotive, KPA/TK, Dominion, or any number of other established providers, in many cases the result of an OEM mandate or endorsement, I do not recommend and have not seen much noteworthy success with using one of these fairly “standardized” dealer website platforms as the dealer’s “Content Hub” of choice. I believe that a different type of site platform should be put into service by car dealers as a content hub within their “Hub and Spoke” social media marketing strategy, at least the part that is focused on content marketing.
As all three of you and many others know, I once created over 600 dealership content hub sites for use in an extensive and for the most part grossly over-reaching “Hub and Spoke” strategy when my team launched the ADP Social Media managed services solution for ADP Dealer Services in 2008… By the end of 2010 we had 660 dealerships on the program, and there was a whole lot of learning during that 2 years development and launch program.
Please believe me when I say that even as far back as 2009 there were many people within the ADP Digital Marketing team that wanted and insisted that content for marketing purposes should all be published on the dealer websites supplied by various ADP dealer website solution teams. Even before the latest changes to Google’s SERP generating algorithms and subsequent updates, we found that trying to take website platforms designed primarily for promoting dealership inventory and not built for frequent content postings, and sharing of that content by all visitors to the site, was simply not very effective.
What we found a couple years ago, and what I still find to this day, is that the compromises required by the OEM mandated dealer website providers for the 10,000 of 17,000 or so total number of franchised dealers who are even remotely willing to consider content publishing for marketing purposes, so reduces the effectiveness of a content marketing strategy as to neuter it. Yet, when we use a website platform that is optimized and designed to be used as a “Content Hub” with application layers syndication to the major social media networks, easily and readily adapted to multiple content sharing and appending apps, such as “If you like this article, you may want to check out these related posts…” type of technologies, along with Google verified authorship compliance, category and tagging features and other more social media 2013 type technologies… THEN the hub and spoke concept simply rocks and drives so much traffic, engagement, marketing communications objectives and SEO benefits to both the hub and the dealer’s eCommerce random access website (RAW – Larry Bruce) when appropriate reference and citations are implemented specific to relevant content posted and distributed from the hub, that we have a WINNING CONTENT MARKETING STRATEGY.
So what types of platforms make good “Content Hubs”? Well, let’s start with the Ning Network platform that the ADM Professional Community, dealerELITE.net, AutomotiveSocial.com, AutomotiveReputation.com and several other Content Hub purposed sites targeted to car business people have been built on by professionals such as myself, Brian Pasch, J.D. Rucker (@0boy), David Kain, Chris Saraceno and several others have done. Not saying it is perfect, far from it, I have monthly meetings with the development team at Glam Media and they can be quite frustrating, but it does work, as shown by the success of the ADM Professional Community and over 30,000 monthly visitors from SEO alone.
Then there is WordPress and all the various “Theme” builds and templates designed to make it function as a great “Content Hub”. Joomla, Drupal and many other platforms are all far better designed to serve as a content hub than any of the top 5 dealer website platforms that I am familiar with.
As for how to manage the schizo appearing strategy of having more than one website… That has been covered so many times I do not feel the need to repeat it in a comment. But, once again let me state that due to the low costs involved and the increased effectiveness of purpose specific platform selection, along with the marketing reality of not wanting to take a “Buying Today” car shopper and send him/her right back up-funnel and into the research and info gathering mode by thrusting all sorts of content in front of their faces, which may distract them from their initial purchase intent that brought them to the website… ONE WEBSITE IS NOT ENOUGH FOR AN OPTIMIZED AUTOMOTIVE DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGY at the dealership level.
A Content Hub strategy requires a site platform optimized for its use as a centralized publishing point and a high frequency of such publishing in order to be as effective as possible. And… Publishing a steady stream of content, much of which is relevant to customers focused on research and info gathering to a dealer’s eCommerce site may not be in the best interest of that site’s role as a lead, phone call and showroom traffic generator.
Written by Tim Martell of Wikimotive
- Schema for Automotive Businesses – Google’s…
- What The Merovingian Can Teach You About Marketing – Automotive Digital Marketing Professional Community
- Google Product Listing Ads Outperform Search Engine PPC Advertising
- Introducing Google Now – Automotive Digital Marketing Professional Community
- Google: Friend or Foe to Auto Dealers – Automotive Digital Marketing Professional Community
- Google is using a combination of proximity…
- Google: Smartphone Using Car Buyers Reward Dealers With Mobile Friendly Sites – Automotive Digital Marketing Professional Community
- Latest Google Car Shopper Research Impacts Dealer Marketing Strategies – Automotive Digital Marketing Professional Community
- Keith Shetterly writes: “We have to decide…
Automotive, Automotive Marketing, Automotive SEO, Car Dealer, Car Dealers, Car Dealership Marketing, Digital Dealer, Digital marketing, Google, Marketing, Mobile Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, SEO
Relevance Drives Car Buyer Attention to Mobile Advertising – Automotive Digital Marketing Professional Community
Subject Matter Relevance a Key Factor for Driving Increased Car Buyer Attention to Mobile Advertising
Roughly one-third of car buyers using smart phones and tablets say they would be more likely to pay attention to a car dealer’s ad on their device if the ad’s topic was relevant to their online activity, per results [download page] from a Prosper Mobile Insights survey released in July 2012.
Closely following is the proportion of automotive consumers saying that fewer ads overall (31.4%) would likely spur greater attention levels. Other factors that would make automotive consumers more likely to pay attention to ads on their devices include them looking funny (28.4%), looking informative (24.2%), and containing animations that catch their eye (23.9%).
4 in 10 Automotive Consumer Pay More Attention to Video Ads
Although just 11.5% of car buyers said video makes them more likely to pay attention to an ad, slightly more than 4 in 10 said that are more likely to pay attention to a video advertising from a dealership versus a standard display ad on their device. The most popular reasons given by automotive consumers for paying more attention to video ads are that they are more likely to grab their attention (51.3%), they are more enjoyable than standard ads (34.5%), and that many do not let them click away until at least part of the ad has been viewed (30.4%).
Further data from the Prosper Mobile Insights survey indicates that 11.2% of automotive consumers who are smartphone and tablet owners regularly pay attention to sponsored stories or links on their device, while a further 32.6% at least occasionally do so. A significant proportion of automotive consumers also appear to frequently (8.2%) or occasionally (32.3%) pay attention to display ads (like the AutoCon 2012 ad shown to the right). Interestingly, 64% of respondents said they never notice video ads, slightly higher than the proportion who never notice ads playing before or during a video (60.7%), but less than the 71.3% who never notice pop-up ads.
According to survey results released in February 2012 by Google, 88% of automotive consumers who are smartphone internet users say they rarely notice ads through a variety of contact points on their device.
- Female automotive consumers who are smartphone and tablet owners are 9% more likely than their male counterparts to say they never notice pop-up ads on their devices (74.3% vs. 68.1%).
- Female automotive consumers are more likely to pay attention to an ad if it is relevant (35.7% vs. 31.3%), looks funny (32.7% vs. 23.8%), or has animations that catch their eye (25.1% vs. 22.5%). Men are more likely to be pay attention to ads that contain video (13.1% vs. 9.9%).
- When asked which web-based activities they perform using only their mobile device (instead of any other internet-capable device), 51.1% of respondents said they check email only on their mobile. A high proportion also said they search the internet (45.3%), access Facebook (42.3%), and instant message (34.4%) only on their mobile device. Overall, about 7 in 10 respondents indicated that they performed at least one of the identified activities only on their device.
Gilbert, AZ – Lon Safko, one of the marketing world’s most successful entrepreneurs and best-selling author and social media strategist, will deliver a keynote address on September 6th at the AutoCon 2012 conference. Lon will also host a panel workshop discussion on September 7th. Lon is the founder of 14 successful companies, including Paper Models, Inc., which developed Three-Dimensional Internet Advertising and Virtual-Electronic-Retailing “V-E-Tailing” for business, promotions, and education, for which Lon holds three patents. He also privately coaches Fortune 1,000 companies on harnessing innovative thinking and social media strategies to create higher productivity and profits. His latest of seven best-selling books, “The Social Media Bible,” unlocks the mysteries of the hottest new Internet wave, Social Media, including Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube for business. This book is transforming corporate, government, and non-profit marketing strategies and how they use these new media to reach their desired audiences with powerful messages and efficiency and is now in its second edition, which hit #1 on Amazon in both Business & Marketing categories. Lon is a sought-after professional speaker, wowing audiences in a hundred cities nationwide with his insights into innovation, creativity, and how to be a successful entrepreneur / intrapreneur in this global digital age. His presentations are described as “informative and entertaining, packed with useful information.” And the U.S. Postal Service called Lon “inspiring and motivational.” To see Lon Safko speak at the AutoCon 2012 Conference, please visit http://www.autocon2012.com
AutoCon, AutoConnections, Automotive, Automotive Marketing, Automotive SEO, Automotive Social, Car Dealership Marketing, Conference, Marketing, Presentation, Search Engine Optimization, SEO, Social Media, Training
As we all know, Google made a HUGE shift on May 30th, when they moved all Google Places pages to Google+ Local. We are 1 month since the announcement and shift, and I wanted to share some of my experiences and observations so far.
Google is very important when it comes to online reputation and specifically online reviews for local businesses, including auto dealers and other categories. Google’s move to launch Google+ Local shows a large commitment by Google to reviews and the local business space. As with any new launch, it will evolve over time. From what we have seen thus far there are some great things about Google+ Local and some challenges with how it is implemented currently. The fact remains that it is here to stay, and the best thing we can do is educate ourselves and our customers on Google+ Local, and utilize it to the best of our ability, while being aware of its current limitations.
This blog post summarizes some of my own observations, so please comment if you have any additional insights to share.
1: User Experience
The overall look and feel of the new Google+ Local pages looks great. It is easy to read, the larger images are compelling, and the way the review summary is highlighted is nice, etc. However, there are two areas where Google+ is lagging, and these two areas will impact user adoption: sign up process, and lack of iPad / iPhone support for writing a review.
Currently, in order to sign up for Google+, a user is taken through a 4 step process where they are “guided” through a variety of new features that Google has to offer. For new users, this may be over-whelming. In addition, each time there is a new step, users will fall out of the conversion process. Google needs to refine this sign-up process to make it easier for users to join Google+ and participate in reviews.
One of the big reasons that Google launched Google+ Local was to provide an increased focus on reviews and propagate their new Zagat-style review scale, the 30 point scale. For that reason, having users write reviews seems to be an important outcome of the launch. At this point in time, Google has not launched an iPad app for Google+ and their Google+ app for iPhone does not include the ability to search Google+ Local or write reviews for local businesses. With the penetration for iPhones and iPads and users’ desire to do things while on the go, this will limit user adoption and users’ ability to write reviews.
2: Phasing Out Google Places
The launch of Google+ Local really only encompassed a partial launch of the service — the front end user interface. The back end, which includes the management of a Google+ Local Business Page as well as integration with the Google search offerings is not fully implemented yet.
In order to manage or change information, local businesses still have to log into their Google Places dashboard. This is where they would update images, any information/ hours, etc. The business also has to log in here to respond to reviews from customers.
Google+ Local is not yet fully integrated into the Google search results. When you execute a search that includes local businesses in the search results, reviews are not included as a part of the Google organic or paid results. Where you do see reviews/ Google+ Local information is in the Google Places part of the search results. It is still entitled “Places for [xyz business] in [city]” and includes every listing for that business, the associated reviews, and a map to the businesses. I am sure that we will see further integration down the line and a complete retirement of any references to Google Places.
Google+ Local is here to stay. Google is pushing its review platform to be more relevant to local businesses and get users engaged. I believe that over time, using Google+ will become easier to use from all devices, and Google+ Local will be fully integrated within Google Search results.
Google is also establishing different standards (e.g., the 30 point scale, and 1-3 ratings) and requirements for reviews than other sites. For example, Google has stated that reviews can be obtained directly within the business location. Since a Google+ account is required to submit a review, Google must feel that the benefit of getting more customer participation by involving the business in encouraging customers to review outweighs the threat of abuse, since users have to have their own Google+ account to leave a review.
We cannot ignore Google+ Local and Google Reviews. We need to educate ourselves and our customers on how Google+ Local can be leveraged as an asset to drive additional business into dealerships.
Posted by Ralph Paglia in Advertising, AutoCon, AutoConnections, Automotive Digital Marketing, Automotive Management, Automotive Retail Management, Automotive Social Media, Automotive Suppliers, Car Dealers, Conference, CRM, News and politics, SEO, Social Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Women Certified on June 19, 2012
Why Marketing Directors Should Choose AutoCon 2012 Over Other Fall Conferences
We understand that Marketing Directors have many choices where to invest their time out of the dealership. We have made AutoCon the ideal choice for Marketing Directors for these reasons:
- AutoCon is a new with fresh ideas and an innovative approach to the conferences structure.
- Advanced Marketing and Advertising workshops are include in the educational offerings.
- Breakfast, Plated Lunch, Breaks, and Evening Cocktail Receptions are included in the registration fee.
- AutoCon provides over 60 workshops and hands on labs to maximize the learning experience.
- Sponsored workshops are clearly labels to allow Marketing Directors to shop for new products or not.
- Exhibit hall allows Marketing Directors to shop for new products and connect with new technology.
- Conference format allows for peer networking and group discussions to improve your sales strategy.
- WiFi is provided in all conference areas and hotel rooms so you can stay connected to work.
- Marketing Directors receive vendor coupons worth over $5,000 in product discounts.
- Attendees receive conference workbook, Dry-Fit Conference T-Shirt, and assorted logo brands gifts.
Suggested Conference Workshops
- Leveraging Google+ Local For Marketing and Online CSI Scores
- Diversity Marketing: Latinos, LGBT, and Women
- Dominate Your Local Market With Video Pre-Roll Marketing
- Why Pinterest & LinkedIn Should Be Part of Your Social Strategy
- I Know The Top 10 Profit Leaks At Your Dealership
- Data Mining & Segmentation Strategies To Identify Buyers
- The Power Of Landing Pages – 10+3 Tips To Drive Conversion
- What Influences Customer Loyalty & How Do We Measure It?
- Set Your Fixed Ops Video Strategy on Fire
- Sell More Cars Using The Service Drive
Lock In Your Attendance – Limited Time Offer
We encourage Marketing Directors to confirm their participation for AutoCon today. Take advantage of the Early Bird pricing for you and your team, which adds further savings to your September conference budget.
AutoCon, AutoConnections, Automotive, Automotive Marketing, Automotive Sales, Automotive SEO, Automotive Social, Car Dealer, Car Dealers, Car Dealership Marketing, Conference, CRM, Dealership Management, Marketing, Sales Management, Search Engine Optimization, SEO, Social Media
Exhibit Hall Supplier Coupons – Sponsors and vendors will be providing attendees with credit vouchers, compiled in a spiral bound book of coupons. The coupons will provide significant savings off products and services offered to dealers. Attendees will need to visit the exhibitor’s booth to validate the coupons, and can use the credits after the conference to lock in savings. The coupon book will total over $10,000 in supplier credits. Of course dealers will not need all the services offered in the coupon book but we are confident that their registration and travel costs can easily be covered by the savings they receive from just a handful of vendors showcased at AutoCon 2012.
Audio & Video Recorded Sessions
A common request that I have received from previous FCE events is to provide attendees with the ability to purchase audio and video recordings of the workshops that they could not attend. We have decided to record each workshop session at AutoCon 2012 and detail on gaining access to the full conference educational sessions will be provided at the registration desk when you arrive.
First Class Educators Signature Ingredients
Several aspects contribute to the overall “signature” experience when attending an FCE event. I intend on keeping every single one those popular features (or basic ingredients) and adding new ones each year. FCE events are well known for their intimate learning sessions, networking during cocktail receptions, dynamic conversions over meals, and well-timed breaks. At the end of each day, we reward attendees with a comfortable reception and facilitate building new friendships in the industry.
AutoCon, AutoConnections, Automotive, Automotive Marketing, Automotive Sales, Automotive SEO, Automotive Social, Car Dealers, Car Dealership Marketing, Conference, Dealership Management, Marketing, Sales Management, Search Engine Optimization, SEO, Social Media, Training
You are currently browsing the archives for the SEO category.
July 2020 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category CloudAdvertising AutoCon AutoConnections Auto Industry Professionals Automotive Digital Marketing Automotive Management Automotive Marketing Automotive Retail Management Automotive Sales Automotive Social Media Automotive Suppliers Automotive Websites Best Practices Car Dealers Conference CRM Data Analysis Dealer Training Email Marketing Google Internet Sales Manager Marketing Data Marketing Research Mobile Marketing SEO Social Marketing Social Media Marketing TrueCar - ZAG Uncategorized ZMOT
- More Social Media Marketing Ideas for Car DealersMore Automotive Social Media Marketing Ideas With the recent corona outbreak, everything has come to a halt – except social media marketing. The global economy has been thrown into recession, but fortunately, working from home through online channels is saving businesses from a complete shutdown and major losses. This just proves what an important part of […]Ralph Paglia
- Digital Dealer Las Vegas AgendaLAS VEGAS AGENDA SUMMARY Pre-Show | Monday | Sept. 14, 2020 (all times PT) 12 pm | Early Badge Pickup & Registration (Closes at 5:30 pm) 6 – 9 pm | DD Exhibitor/Sponsor Welcome Reception DAY 1 | Sept. 15 DAY 2 | Sept. 16 DAY 3 | Sept. 17 Spanning 2.5 days, dealership and OEM attendees discover new solutions, […]Ralph Paglia
- Don't Miss! Four Changes for Agencies & Dealers - Live WebinarThis Fourth of July marks a turning point for the car industry. Basic paid search and social campaigns won’t be enough to convince buyers to go to your dealership instead of the closest competitor. Dealers have embraced digital advertising tactics, raising the bar across the entire industry. To succeed in the post-COVID normal, there are four digital adverti […]Jim Flint
- 5 Tips to Train and Retain SalespeopleHow well do you retain sales staff? The average annual turnover rate for salespeople in our business is 67 percent, according to Automotive News. That’s an alarming statistic when you consider it can cost upwards of $10,000 to replace one salesperson. This figure accounts for recruiting fees, on-boarding costs and potential lost revenue from missed deals. […]Bill Wittenmyer
- PureCars' Automotive Marketing Platform Receives Digital Advertising Certification For The Honda Dealer ProgramLeading Digital Advertising Platform Helping Auto Dealers Drive Consumer Demand From COVID-19 ATLANTA, July 1, 2020 -- PureCars, a leading provider of digital marketing and advertising insights for automotive dealers, today announced it has been certified as one of the official providers of digital advertising for the Honda HDCX Program. PureCars is now cert […]John Sternal
- Enjoy the Evolution: COVID-19's ChangeThe way we purchase and service vehicles may never be the same due to COVID-19. However, in the stores I visit, it seems there’s more of an evolution than a revolution going on. Enjoy the evolution. The staff is down. Inventory is tight. Shoppers are buyers. Contactless sales deliveries ARE up. But only marginally. Be thankful we aren’t in a revolution and […]Jim Flint
- Dodge Scores First Detroit Quality Score Win in 34 Years on J.D. Power StudyDetroit automakers dominated J.D. Power’s marquee study of new-vehicle quality for the first time, with Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV’s Dodge becoming the first domestic brand to lead the rankings in 34 years. Dodge and Kia Motors Corp.’s namesake brand tied for first place with consumers reporting the fewest problems with their vehicles in J.D. Power […]Ralph Paglia
- Dealership Managers: 2 Ways To Limit Distraction And (Actually) Get Work Done2 Ways To Limit Distractions And Get Your High Priority Work Done... Opportunities to learn are all around you. From every misstep you take, to every negative encounter or hard day at work, lessons abound. Each moment of friction carries with it something to be gained. Take my life at this moment, for instance. I work from home. And, normally, it’s a pretty […]Ralph Paglia
- Used Cars: The Wild Ride that CouldAs hard as we try to increase recall completions, there always seems to be a bump in the road. We may soon be in for a pretty big one from the used-car market and there are plenty of signs pointing to this having a major effect on both dealerships and consumers. According to a recent article in Automotive News, here are four ways the scenario could play ou […]Dan Beres
- NBCUniversal And Sky Establish One Platform Global AdvertisingNBCUniversal And Sky Set Leadership For One Platform Global Advertising and Partnerships NBCUniversal and Sky have set the leadership team for their One Platform Global Advertising & Partnerships initiative, which was first announced last month. President and Managing Director of Global Advertising & Partnerships KC Sullivan will lead the unified gro […]Ralph Paglia
- 10 Steps You Can Take in 10 Minutes to Develop Stronger Google CampaignsRed Zone Foreign Countries--aka Negative them Out Eliminate Smart Bidding Move Settings for Display off of Recommended Turn off App Ads Use the same Google My Business login that you use for your My Client Center Establish In-Store Conversion Tracking for Service Purposes Ramp or reduce spending to $100 per car Upload Your Target Audiences--then choose to ex […]Jim Flint
- Research Reveals Most Popular Vehicles Used in Movies and TV ShowsCars have played a significant role in some of the most famous movies and TV shows of all time and often end up taking center stage. Can you imagine Herbie without the VW Beetle or Back to the Future without the DeLorean? Then there is the "Mad Max" series where the films feature an ever more radical set of off-road modified war wagons... New resea […]Ralph Paglia
- Economic Collapse: Myth or RealityEconomic collapse occurs very quickly without anyone even predicting it. One of the causes of economic collapse is the surprise element of it. For the vast majority of people, it is highly difficult to spot the signs of imminent failure. September 17th, 2008 is the date when the U.S. almost collapsed. During this date, the Reserve Primary Fund broke the buck […]Amelia Grant
- PureCars Receives Digital Advertising Certification For The Porsche Dealer ProgramATLANTA, June 17, 2020 -- PureCars, a leading provider of digital marketing and advertising insights for automotive dealers, today announced it has been certified as an official provider of digital advertising for the Porsche Dealer Program. PureCars is now certified in a total of 14 OEM programs across the U.S. PureCars' digital advertising insigh […]John Sternal
- LEASE CREDIT APPROVAL RATES CLIMB TO 68.6% IN MAYCredit Approvals See Significant Rebound from April Rates CINCINNATI, OHIO (June 18, 2020) – Swapalease.com, the nation’s largest car lease marketplace, reports car lease credit applicants registered a 68.6% approval rate in May, a significant increase from the April rate of 63.8%. The +7.6% increase is likely related to an influx of online shoppers who are […]John Sternal
- Auto Industry Evolution ACES: Autonomy, Connectivity, Electrification and Shared Mobility.You may have already heard of the acronym “ACES” or “CASE” to describe four areas in which technology and innovation are rapidly changing automotive. Those four areas being, in whichever order put them, autonomy, connectivity, electrification and shared mobility […]Ralph Paglia
- Tools For A New Way Of Thinking...A Tool... An object used to extend the ability of an individual to modify features of the surrounding environment. Anthropologists believe the use of tools was an important step in the evolution of mankind. The earliest known use of tools dates back more than 3.4 million years ago. By inventing tools, man was able to accomplish tasks way beyond the abiliti […]Barry Neuman
- Should We Always Be Flying For Business Travel?“Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less travelled by.” Robert Frost Travel in particular, and transportation in general, are undergoing structural change, which gives rise to the questions above that are explored in this blog. Much of this change comes from challenges imposed by COVID-19. But some come from changes in how companies, thei […]Karen Anthony
- Beep Partners with USDOT, AV Industry, and State Transportation Departments for AV Test InitiativeBeep among initial participants selected to promote the safe development and testing of autonomous vehicles across the United States Beep, an Orlando-based autonomous shuttle service provider, is among 17 initial participants selected by the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT) and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) fo […]John Sternal
- VettX Partners with Recall Masters to Identify Vehicles with Dangerous Recalls on its PlatformAuto dealerships and consumers now have additional layer of transparency to safeguard them from making uninformed acquisitions Laguna Hills, CA, June 10, 2020 — Recall Masters, Inc., the nation’s leading provider of automotive recall solutions, today announced a partnership with VettX, an automotive industry software provider that enables auto dealerships […]Dan Beres
- More Social Media Marketing Ideas for Car Dealers
- March 2020
- November 2019
- March 2019
- January 2019
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- February 2018
- December 2017
- May 2017
- November 2016
- May 2016
- August 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- January 2015
- July 2014
- April 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- August 2008
- Auto Industry Professionals
- Automotive Digital Marketing
- Automotive Management
- Automotive Marketing
- Automotive Product
- Automotive Retail Management
- Automotive Sales
- Automotive Social Media
- Automotive Suppliers
- Automotive Websites
- Best Practices
- Calls to Action
- Car Dealers
- Commercial Vehicles
- Data Analysis
- Dealer Management System
- Dealer Training
- Dealer Website
- Dealers United
- Digital Marketing Strategies Conference
- Dominion Dealer Solutions
- Email Marketing
- Help Wanted
- Internet Sales Manager
- Inventory Photos
- Managed Chat
- Market Research
- Marketing Data
- Marketing Metrics
- Marketing Research
- Mergers and Acduisitions
- Mobile Marketing
- News and politics
- QR Code
- Search Engine Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- String Automotive
- Tax Incentives
- TrueCar – ZAG
- Vehicle Merchandising
- Website Lead Forms
- Women Certified